Thread: Doser 2.0

Default Doser 2.0

Hi all,

I got the Doser 2 not the 2.1 or the one released just after the new doser 2.1.

I am trying to do a firmware update on it but keeps complaining that firmware cannot be updated no matter what!

I followed the instructions to the T but still same error. I am. Connected via USB directly to the doser.

Firmware shown attached. Three questions

1. What's is the difference in any case between the 2.0 & 2.1

2. Is there a way to force flash like the P3/4 have the flash utility. I am referring to the flash utility.

3. If I turn this unit from standalone to linked to my P4, the P4 regonizes it in the PAB assign how ever if I assign it, no error but also no doser. Go back and it pops up again but doesn't have the selection I have to check the box. It never assigns. I have reset PAB and tried again.

Not to sure if its the same bug as Expansion Box 1 when you have to only assign the expansion box first configure it then only you can add the rest of the PABs.

The flash, you have like 1 or 2 seconds to reset into bootloader then flash is a pain.

Looking forward to the info

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

1. D2.0 and D2.1 have redesigned dosing heads. All other features remain the same.

2. Yes, see here:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/dow...-instructions/

3. Standalone does must first be set to SLAVE mode. Connect via USB and change to slave mode in the GENERAL settings page. You will then be able to add the doser as a PAB-device to the P4 system.
    How-to video here:
    https://youtu.be/dT9_JfY3qH8

What is the exact issue you are having when doing the FW update?
    Are you using the newest version GCC when doing the update?

By the way, you are using the obsolete GHL app. Uninstall and use GHL Connect.

Hi Vinny,

Firstly thank you for the response.
    D2.0 and D2.1 have redesigned dosing heads. All other features remain the same.
    Are the dosing heads that different? If I buy new dosing heads and install them (theoretically) does the D2 then = the D2.1 ?

Standalone does must first be set to SLAVE mode. Connect via USB and change to slave mode in the GENERAL settings page. You will then be able to add the doser as a PAB-device to the P4 system.
    How-to video here:
    https://youtu.be/dT9_JfY3qH8
    Thank you! I did that once before (while back think it was GCC 1.x.x.11 but the coms between the GCC and the Doser kept failing with error codes 60 /28 etc so I went to Stand alone as it was more stable.

What is the exact issue you are having when doing the FW update?
    Are you using the newest version GCC when doing the update?
    There was a process you follow it would ask you to unplug and plug in just before it did the flash (I assume to activate the boot loader), but no matter how quick I was etc - I would ALWAYS get a failed to flash error. Eventually after like 20 tries I just left it on the current firmware.

By the way, you are using the obsolete GHL app. Uninstall and use GHL Connect.
    That's the interesting part .... GHL: Connect cant connect to the doser (I am using the same IP address tripple checked), the old GHL app can connect to it (hence the screen shot). Same goes for GCC 1.x.x.13 / 14 and 16 it cant connect to it via IP.

Quote Originally Posted by myprofilux View Post
    Hi Vinny,

Firstly thank you for the response.

Are the dosing heads that different? If I buy new dosing heads and install them (theoretically) does the D2 then = the D2.1 ?

Thank you! I did that once before (while back think it was GCC 1.x.x.11 but the coms between the GCC and the Doser kept failing with error codes 60 /28 etc so I went to Stand alone as it was more stable.

There was a process you follow it would ask you to unplug and plug in just before it did the flash (I assume to activate the boot loader), but no matter how quick I was etc - I would ALWAYS get a failed to flash error. Eventually after like 20 tries I just left it on the current firmware.

That's the interesting part .... GHL: Connect cant connect to the doser (I am using the same IP address tripple checked), the old GHL app can connect to it (hence the screen shot). Same goes for GCC 1.x.x.13 / 14 and 16 it cant connect to it via IP.
    Firmware 1.24 btw

There is no upgrade path for the Doser 2.0

Seeing error codes after connecting the NOW slave Doser is unrelated to the Doser itself. Perhaps an issue with WiFi signal strength or connection interruption.

If you are doing a normal firmware update with GCC, there is no need to unplug anything during the update. You will briefly see a quick pop-up message which you can ignore and will go away on its own. We have a YouTube which walks you through these steps.

Issues with connecting through GHL Connect is likely due to the outdated firmware.