Thread: Seriously on these updates?

Default Seriously on these updates?

It seems every month or so the GHL devices are useless without yet another update. People have lives to live without spending all their free time updating and trying to make these products work.
    Yes I am upset after this last time. How do you expect someone to do a damn update when they are thousands of miles from home? The whole reason for controllers is not to think we are cool. Its so we can leave the house without worrying. Failed.

Hi there,

You are by no means obligated to do the updates unless you want to utilize the new features that are introduced.

Recent changes that are happening rather significant ones as we begin syncing the cloud platform with our app to provide a more unified interface. Products cannot improve if there are no updates.

I love the progress, features and changes! I just wish we didn't have to unplug all the other pab connections. Small sacrifice for the features we are getting though!

Hi

Wrong answer in my opinion. The correct one should be: "we work hard to improve a product that we sold hastily and without sufficient tests"

And one thing more… I'm update 3/4 times a year my iPhone, iPad and Android Phone. It's very easy (well, Android a little bit less), but update a GHL product… You need a lots of faith, one rabbit's foot and a lucky horsehoe

And apologies for my stupid Google-English

I think we should cut the guys some slack. The frequent updates are better than one big update that you going to spend alot of time getting familiar with - a thousand miles away.

Sure improvement in the way the updates can be updated but to be honest I am in favour of more frequent smaller updates that keeps addressing small things.

At least they updating and adapting to feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Hi there,

You are by no means obligated to do the updates unless you want to utilize the new features that are introduced.

Recent changes that are happening rather significant ones as we begin syncing the cloud platform with our app to provide a more unified interface. Products cannot improve if there are no updates.
    Hi Vinny,

Unfortunately you are forced to updgrade sometimes - for example the GHL App has ceased working for me despite no changes to the GHL by myself...which has forced an update to firmware...which hasn’t gone well

I think GHL has got better with the P4 in terms of updates, I remember the P2 fireware changes and the settings files never really working.

It would be nice if there was a more holistic way to do updates - ProfiLux, PAB, Wi-fi, etc all done in one go with the automatic saving and restatement of setting afterward.

Regards
    Andy