Thread: P4 Web & Wifi Patch - 8 June

Frage P4 Web & Wifi Patch - 8 June

Hi,

Before I start:
    P4 Firmware: 7.12
    WebServer Firmware: Not sure where to find this anymore - ---
    WiFi Firmware: 6708
    GCC Version: x.x.x13 or x.x.x.14

One of the requests I had for 6619 was to allow us somehow to configure the disconnect timeout that the website has on P4. I eagerly awaited the new firmware as in another post was told that this would not be necessary since its fixed in the new firmware for WiFi and Webserver. I downloaded the 8th June version quickly applied it and then cleared the browser cache. ---> The same thing still happens....
    I open the dashboard of the website, leave it open for some time and it throws the error see attached.

Is there a way to extend the timeout or get rid of this error, its highly annoying. The connection between the "Sump room" and the inside of the house is a 1GIG network connection on shielded Cat6. I have a constant 2ms ping rate to the P4 so it cannot be a bad connection to be honest. I have 1080p camera in that room that streams every day all day without a hitch.

Lost Connection.jpg

Connection Closed.jpg

Am I doing something wrong here or is the webserver part of that firmware not fixed yet.

Hello,

you can get the latest webinterface version from within the WiFi-Update-Tool package:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/dow...ate/#changelog
    The timeouts are not too aggressive with this version.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasF View Post
    Hello,

you can get the latest webinterface version from within the WiFi-Update-Tool package:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/dow...ate/#changelog
    The timeouts are more sensitive with this version.
    @MatthiasF

Just for clarity I did apply this update as per above (WiFi Firmware 6708). Is this not the right update for the webinterface. Do I need to apply something else within the download?

Just wanted clarity so I can flash the right thing.

**************update***************

Sorry being stupid. I saw the webinterface folder. Just a question when I hit my webinterface -- http://<ip_Address> I do not see the settings option anymore to upload the index file to upgrade the webinterface. Do I need to specify a different port or is it hidden in some menu?

Thank you
    Last edited by myprofilux; 11.06.2018 at 11:45. Reason: Edited to add question

Ok found it seems to be hidden under:"

Network > File Transfer > Webinterface.

Wouldnt this be better under a menu like Flash or Settings or Advance Settings?

Last question though, when you say the timeouts are more sensitive does this mean they will time out less often or more often due to the sensitivity?

The actual webinterface is the file 'index.html.gz', which is located in the subfolder
    WiFi-Firmware-Update-Tool\Webinterface\index.html.gz

The timeouts are not so aggressive anymore and should not occur anymore.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.