Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Basic Profilux II Plus EX Install Questions

Thanks. So, I've come to realize that I'm at least one socket short of being able to run all my components. That being said, you mentioned in the first post that I should consider the PAB bar if I want to upgrade to Profilux 3. Now, I have to admit, this system appears to go through upgrades about as fast as the PC world and I don't know if I can keep up. But, if I were to upgrade to Profilux 3, does my current digital 6 way bar become a paper weight or can it still function along side the PAB bar? I'm asking because in a later post, you mentioned that the PAB bars cannot be daisy chained with standard digital bars, but I'm unclear if they can't be ran off of independent ports on the back of the controller. Basically, I don't want to spend the money twice if it makes more sense to get the PAB now. If it makes my unused $300 digital bar a paperweight, however, then I'll stick with another standard digital bar.

And this is what makes profiLux so great.

OK the low down on PAB power bars.

Your old bars are not dead in the water, they will stay where they are and work as they do just now.

The NEW PAB power bars plug into the PAB socket on the ProfiLux 3 and can be daisy chained with no limits, they also soon will be able to monitor current loads on each socket.

Once the PAB software is finalised you will have two menus

socket outlet function
    PAB socket outlet function or something similar.

You lose nothing only gain.

If you do wish to upgrade you have to send your controller into us to be done.

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support