Thread: dKH result and measure time is not updated after each measurement

Default dKH result and measure time is not updated after each measurement

I have a aquarium of 300 gallons full of acros, my normal dKH is 7.2 according to to KH Director , if i do not dose alkalinity every day the dKH goes down 2 dHK.

The KH Director measures every 2 hour the alkalinity.

The situation with the KH Director is that all Saturday the measure was 10.2 dKH and I saw multiple times that the KH Director do the measure, but the HKD software says that the last measure was on Friday at 11 pm. As I found strange that the alkalinity rose from 7.2 dKH, where it is regularly, to 10.2 dKH and that data was the same all Saturday and additionally that the screen said that the last measure was Friday at 11 p.m. That Saturday night I measure the alkalinity with the Hannah Checker and the measure was 6.8 dKH.

Sunday morning was same, HKD reading was 10.2, no alkalinity was added since Saturday. Sunday afternoon I recalibrate dosing pump 1, 2 and 3 and also recalibrated the PH probe 2 times and I do a new measure. the reading was 14.4 dKH instad of 10.2.

Thereafter all measurements mark 14.4 dKH. The last check was manually 30 min ago and measure was the same, 14.4 dKH. So, I measure with the Hannah Checker and have the alkalinity at 5.8 dKH. The KH Director software screen says that the last measure was at 3:45 pm on Sunday, but i have done lots of measures after that time and also the scheduled measurements of 5 pm, 7 pm and 9 pm have also been made. I attach a image and would be thankful for any help that resolve the problem.khd.jpeg

Please recalibrate the pH probe and post a screenshot ofthe lower half of the KHD settings page.

Looks like the KHD is not allowing for any dosages because of the alarm conditions you have specified below.

Hi Vinny. I do the calibration for pH probe 4 times and do 5 times the calibration for Doser pump 1, 2 and 3. The Doser pump calibration always show the same result, I mean that the result was always exact with the measurement. Also I do more than 10 alkalinity measure test and result was the same, 14.4 dKH. Also, the display never change the message that the last measure was Sunday at 3:45 pm. The Status box now shows "Error: Tritation takes to long" and thats the reason that I do 5 times the calibration for Doser pump 1 (sample water), pump 2 (reagent) and pump 3 (waste water).
    I read from the forum that "Error: Tritation takes to long" is: a) no or not enough sample water is pumped into the KHD. This is not the case because a I do I manual dose of 80 ml and I get the 80 ml, also I do 5 times the pump calibration and dose is ok. The other option, b) reagent is not pumped into the KHD. Again is not the case because I do a manual dose of 30 ml of reagent to a graduated cylinder and I get the 30 ml, also I do 5 times the pump calibration and dose is ok. Doser Pump 1 and 3 has a speed of 3 and Doser pump 2 has a speed of 0
    In all the more 10 test of alkalinity that I do alway I get the message "Error: Tritation takes to long"

I will be very grateful with any help. The KHD had been working very well until last Friday night.

KD1.jpeg
    khd2.jpeg
    sample water.jpeg
    reagent.jpeg