Thread: How to work for Multiple aquarium controllers

Default How to work for Multiple aquarium controllers

I see the function on P4 manual.
    the describe :“Multiple aquarium controllers can be networked”. I want to know how to work for it.

Otherwise, everyone knows that P3 has 32 logic gates. How many P4 are there?,Thanks

Multiple P4 controllers can be added to the network. That is what it means.

P4 also has 32 logic gates.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Multiple P4 controllers can be added to the network. That is what it means.

P4 also has 32 logic gates.
    I still don't understand? So, do it. What are the benefits? Is there P3 and P4 networking?
    By the way, 32 Logic gates isn’t enough to program. Is there any solution for the limited issue?

One may wish to have two separate controller systems within the same network instead of running everything on 1 controller. Each controller will have its own IP address and device address so that it can be differentiated in your network.

32 PL gates is not enough?
    99% of users find that this is more than enough. Much of the programming can be doing using normal ProfiLux commands. Programmable Logic comes in handy when you want to tie-in multiple functions to a single powerbar outlet. Take a look at the P4 programming manual and Programmable Logic manual for more information.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    One may wish to have two separate controller systems within the same network instead of running everything on 1 controller. Each controller will have its own IP address and device address so that it can be differentiated in your network.

32 PL gates is not enough?
    99% of users find that this is more than enough. Much of the programming can be doing using normal ProfiLux commands. Programmable Logic comes in handy when you want to tie-in multiple functions to a single powerbar outlet. Take a look at the P4 programming manual and Programmable Logic manual for more information.
    Hi Vinny, I greatly appreciate your timely reply!

But I have being using about 32 logic gates, I am afraid to worry about my new needs for the future programming.