Thread: Maxi doser for awc

Default Maxi doser for awc

Hi!

I am planning a profilux setup in my new tank. The plan is to have an automatic Water change (AWC) system. The plan is to have the maxi pump for the awc, to pump it from the garage into the sump. This would mean that the maxi pump is a significant distance from the tank and it would be preferable to have the maxi attached to the profilux 4. However I think I’m correct in thinking that If run as a slave unit the level sensors are then disabled?

Would it be better to run as a stand-alone unit? As then I would be able to use float switches at the AWC station in the garage.

Additionally I use a completely separate ATO system (osmolator). I am concerned that if the maxi is used as a stand-alone unit then during the water change, the ATO system will kick in and start adding fresh water. Is there any way to avoid this? Any thoughts or systems that you have implemented?

Many thanks for the help

Default Considering the same set up

I have just ordered a Maxi Doser to do the same thing for my tank. I am going to use my P4 to do the ATO and AWC as they are co-ordinated in the P4. I have two GHL optical level sensors in my sump and during the AWC cycle the P4 will use both level sensors and the Maxi doser to drain to the bottom level sensor and re-fill to the top level sensor. The top level sensor is used for ATO while not in AWC mode. The P4 automatically disables the ATO function during a AWC cycle.

I am new to the P4 as well and I posted a similar question in the measurement section of this forum but I had no response so I after some research I have figured out out to use the Maxi doser as described above. I hope this of some help.

I would think it would be better not to use the osmolator and get two GHL optical sensors in your sump and connect them to the P4 and let the P4 control everything. P4 also has a maximum run time setting that will help to prevent a flood event. If you still want the osmolator the only way to disable it during an AWC cycle would be to run it from a P4 power bar and switch it off during the AWC.

I have ordered the stand alone maxi doser but I am going to use it as a slave unit from my P4.

I use a maxi doser to AWC, I simply pump clean salt water in and tank water out simultaneously. I place the water out tube in my middle sump chamber and pump the clean salt water into my return chamber, where my ATO sensor is and doing it this doesn’t affect my ATO at all. This way you can change whatever volume you want with a convenient frequency. I calibrated both dosing heads accurately. I currently to 48 x 300ml / day. My salt water mixing station is in my garage 60 feet away and the Maxi handles it no problem, it even self primes from this distance. Been using this method 6 months now and it’s still accurate.

Excellent. Thank you for your replies.