Thread: GHL Connect fails to connect to Mitras LX7

Default GHL Connect fails to connect to Mitras LX7

I have a Mitras LX7 that is running current firmware, and is connecting wireless to my home network and to which I can connect through MyGHL. I installed the current version of the GHL Connect app (0.18.3) on both my iphone and my android, and I can not get the app to connect to the LX7. I'm using static IP on the LX7, and have entered the correct IP address, using port 80, and no connection.

I can connect to the LX7 from my browser by just typing in the ipaddress. What am I missing about the app?

Are you using the app when you are within your network range?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Are you using the app when you are within your network range?
    Yes, sitting right next to the light, with the phone connected to my network (not over the cellular network). From that same phone, I can type in the local IP address of the light in a browser and directly connect to the light, but when I try through the app, it does not connect.

Check the WiFi module firmware on your LX7. We are currently on 6619.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Check the WiFi module firmware on your LX7. We are currently on 6619.
    Thanks for the reply, Vinny. The wifi firmware update worked and I can connect using the GHL Connect app now.

For anyone else who comes across this thread, here's what I had to do:
    1. go get the latest version of GHL Control Center, that's where you will find the wifi firmware
    2. navigate to the install directory for GCC, find the Wif folder
    3. the readme file instructed me to use the manual firmware update tool, since my LX7 had older firmware on it
    4. I connected my PC directly to the LX7 via USB, and ran the manual firmware install tool; I had also previously set my LX7 to use a static IP to avoid having to find what IP address my router might choose to assign each time the light powers on
    5. the tool found the LX7 on comport COM10, and I allowed it to begin the install process
    6. a command line window opened, and I could watch install progress; the window closed when done
    7. I power cycled the LX7, and then directly connected to the LX7 over wifi using my static IP
    8. the webserver dashboard confirmed that my wifi firmware was now updated to the latest level
    9. I removed, and then added, the LX7 from the GHL Connect App, tried to connect, and success!

That's great!

Thank you for sharing your steps!