Thread: Error: titration takes too long

Default Error: titration takes too long

Hello

I recently bought and installed a KH Director in my aquarium. I have performed each of the directions of the manual successfully, but when I try to take a measurement the result is always the same: Error: titration takes too long.

The first location of the KH Director was in the back of the aquarium (in a control room) so the tube was more than 3 meters long, I thought that maybe that was the problem so I changed the KH Director to the cabinet, now the water sample tube is only 1.20 meters but the error still persists.

Calibration of the pumps (reagent and water sample) was successful, the PH probe was also calibrated, the equipment is leveled, connections are in place, firmware was updated...

So I wonder what the problem could be. Any ideas?

Thank you

Gonzalo
    Last edited by Gurdjieff; 12.05.2018 at 00:45.

Mathias GroB of GHL told me the following:

„titration takes too long“ can have these reasons:

a) no or not enough sample water is pumped into the KHD

b) reagent is not pumped into the KHD

if this happens the measured pH will not change and after a while the measurement is aborted

So I checked the calibration of the pumps and the reagent pump was not calibrated right, I have re calibrated this pump and the problem was solved, now the KH Director is working perfectly.

Thanks for coming back to let everyone know the solution! Glad you got it working! Fwiw, my water sample tube is almost 3m as well and it works very well. I do use a smaller id tubing, which helps cut down on volume that is needed to pump and be returned for each test.