Thread: Emergency upgrade on older upgraded Profilux 3

Default Emergency upgrade on older upgraded Profilux 3

Hi all.

I found my old Profilux 3 on the shelf today, which are upgraded from Profilux 2 sometime in the past. (I have a newer Profilux on my Saltwater tank). I decided that i want to use the old one on my Saltwater Swimming Pool to control my Salt generator based on Redox, Ph control for acid dosing and other cool functions, that the Profilux can offer.

Therefore i tried to upgrade from SW 6.14 to latest firmware 6.34, but the upgrade failed, Profilux is totally blacked out, no display, and blue light. Therefore i started the emergency update, to upload the firmware, But, the flash program tell me to press the reset button, but this profilux doesent have one on the PCB inside, like the newer one i have.

??? What to do ???

Quote Originally Posted by gnisten View Post
    Hi all.

I found my old Profilux 3 on the shelf today, which are upgraded from Profilux 2 sometime in the past. (I have a newer Profilux on my Saltwater tank). I decided that i want to use the old one on my Saltwater Swimming Pool to control my Salt generator based on Redox, Ph control for acid dosing and other cool functions, that the Profilux can offer.

Therefore i tried to upgrade from SW 6.14 to latest firmware 6.34, but the upgrade failed, Profilux is totally blacked out, no display, and blue light. Therefore i started the emergency update, to upload the firmware, But, the flash program tell me to press the reset button, but this profilux doesent have one on the PCB inside, like the newer one i have.

??? What to do ???
    Got it figured out

I used the USB for emergency update, and that didn't work, found the RS232 cable, and voila updated to SW 6.34. :-)

But my idea to use the redox for my pool is not possible, because the max nominal value for Redox is 600, i need to be able to set it in the range 700-800.