Thread: Probe connections when moving Profilux around

Default Probe connections when moving Profilux around

Hi All.

I have found that if i move my Profilux 3 EX around on the shelf it is placed, when cleaning e.g. the values are changing for example conduct 1, redox 1 or pH 1, it must have something to do with the conductivity in the BNC connectors. When turning the thin end in the back of the BNC a little from left to right, then i can get the "values" back on track, but only if i know the actual values in the moment the issue occurs. Its a bit unsafe if someone by accident moves or pushes the Profilux, then i cant rely on the values, and need to calibrate the probes again.

I'm running a big Ca reactor on pH 1, controlled by the KH Director, and need the values to be stable... Even if the Profilux is manipulated around. The cables are loose in the back of the Profilux, to avoid any bend or stretch related issues.

Best reg.

Tom

Hi Tom,

How old are these probes?
    Do you have these cables running alongside any power cords, LED drivers, or ballasts?

Hi Vinny.

The probes are a couple of years old, but yet stable when not messing with the cables. No problems when messing around with the cables further away prom the Profilux.

All my probe cables are lying loose, and not to close to any other cables to avoid interference.

Its the BNC connections which is sensitive for small mechanical impacts, which results in unstable circuits.