Thread: Amount of water left in the sample tube after mesurement.

Default Amount of water left in the sample tube after mesurement.

Hi all.

I have upgraded my advanced GHL powered Reef system with the KH Director, to control my Ca Reactor.

First i must confess that... They did it again , yet another genius device, well developed and fabricated, as always. Thank you GHL.

Now, i like to ask if its expected that approx 10 cm of water remains at the end of the water sample tube, after a measurement is taken.

I have done precise calibration of dosing pump, and measurement of tube length.

The test results are spot on, no problem here

Best Regards. Tom

You don’t want any, did you measure the tube from the KH Director to dosing pump + tube in doser head + pipe to tank?

Quote Originally Posted by Mortie31 View Post
    You don’t want any, did you measure the tube from the KH Director to dosing pump + tube in doser head + pipe to tank?
    I measured the length of the sample tube and added the 16 cm tube from the doser to the KH Director, i did not add the little tube in the dosing pump, as the manual not saying anything reg. the little tube inside the pump.

I’d try it, also did you add correct internal size of tube? If so and still not emptying id recalibrate and remeasure

Quote Originally Posted by Mortie31 View Post
    I’d try it, also did you add correct internal size of tube? If so and still not emptying id recalibrate and remeasure
    Yes, entered the length and internal tube diameter 4 mm

My tube is 208 cm, and with the length (16 cm) of tube between doser and KH Director added, i have 224 cm. When i enter this in the calculator, i get 28ml. I have measured the amount of water tha the whole length of tube, (Sample tube, tube in doser, and tube between doser and KHD), and i end up with 29 ml. Wouldn't it be more precise to measure the amount that the whole length can contain, from the end in sump, to the end going in to the KH director?

Yes, you should be measuring the total length.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Yes, you should be measuring the total length.
    I meant to measure the water volume that the tubing actually can contain, was more precise than calculate?
    I have some precise measurement cups, i dismounted the end that is going in to the KHD, and filled the tubing with water sample all the way to this end, lifted the other end out of the sump so it didn't suck more water in, and then let the dosing pump empty the water into my measuring cup, and hereby could read that i could hold 29 ml. :-)