Thread: Profilux 4 Controller executing random actions on its own! touch issue

Default Profilux 4 Controller executing random actions on its own! touch issue

Hi all,

I have a Profilux 4 with the 5.1 powerbar. I have ran it with 1.04, 1.05 and currently in 1.07. I have noticed that in all these firmware versions the touch buttons in the front of the controller will press themselves in sequence rapidly, 5-6 beeps with in 3 seconds, this results in the small display in the controller executing those actions!. This seems to be a pretty rare occurrence, but I have heard it happened at least 6 times, only once while I was in the room, last time I touched the buttons and this happened was at least 12 hours before. When I hear this beeps, the small display in the controller is always in a different screen, so far it hasn't executed any actions or reconfigured itself, as far as I can tell, but I am sure this is something that could happen.

Last night this happened again, this time the sequence appears to be confirm button, and then pressed down arrow 5 times to arrive to "sensors" this happened within 3 seconds, and it beeped every time, it happened around 5 AM, and since it was dead quiet it woke me up, I checked the controller thinking it was an alarm, and saw the screen in that state. I am sure this happened a lot more times than I have noticed, and this is scary. We don't have kids or anyone that would be playing with it.

It might be worth saying that i have not modified the sensitivity of the touch buttons at all, and that I in fact find them slightly hard for them to even respond to touch.

Anyone else has heard/noticed the same issue in their controller? Any suggestions?.

Thanks,
    -Oscar

Hi Oscar,

Sounds like the touch keys need to be calibrated. Please follow the steps shown in this video:
    https://youtu.be/oW7RQjnMvY8