Thread: LBF-AP to jebao wavemaker adapter

Default LBF-AP to jebao wavemaker adapter

Hello GHL'ers

I just made this DIY solution for my DC 1200 & DC 2000 Jebao pumps, it will only run the DC series of Jebao DC Pumps
    it won't work on DCS/DCP or other models as these use another sinewave technology.

You'll need a RJ45 network cable and the LBF-AP breakout box from GHL and a voltmeter so you can measure that you have the right polarity and voltage on the right wires.

You also need the Jebao to apex converter.

LBF-AP is sold here :
    https://store.aquariumcomputer.com/e...50_lbf-ap.html

And the Jebao to apex converter is right here:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Jebao-J...MAAOSwhhpancLF

Cut the RJ45 Cable and strip the wires, then pin test the proper wires and mark them
    Then open the LBF-AP and connect the RJ45 cable trought the lid of the LBF-AP box.

DIY LBF-AP MOD.jpg

NOTE :
    Remember to double check everything
    Neither I or GHL will be responsible for any broken circuits or damage on your equipment.

This is a do it yourself project and as such on your own risk, this being said, it should be both safe and fairly easy, mine is running fine

Cheers, Brock
    Last edited by Mistahbrock; 07.03.2018 at 17:23.

Thanks for sharing this!

Can you recommend the Jebao pumps?
    To be honest, I didn't hear many positive things about it, to say the least ...
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I have 3 of them since 3 years without problem.
    And the latest is the new model, i use it on 1-10v with this new adapter: https://www.fish-street.com/aqlink-a...ect-controller

Gael

Thanx for sharing.
    Can we not connect the pump control (the wire which carries the 5V signal) directly to L1 port and set the voltage to 0-5v

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ispookie666 View Post
    Thanx for sharing.
    Can we not connect the pump control (the wire which carries the 5V signal) directly to L1 port and set the voltage to 0-5v

Alway keep in mind that a misconfiguration or update with reset of settings of profilux os can set voltage to 10v.

Indeed. But would you not need to do this for this LBF AP box?
    I thought all Jebaos were 0-5.

Quote Originally Posted by ispookie666 View Post
    Indeed. But would you not need to do this for this LBF AP box?
    I thought all Jebaos were 0-5.

jebao wavemaker adapter convert 10v To 5v

I am quite satisfied with mine

I have a DC 1200 which I'm using for a Co2 reactor and a DC 2000 serving as return pump.

I bought a DCS ( a newer model ) but it was noisy so I returned to the DC series. Which is also usable with the wavemaker gizmo.

The jebao pumps tends to have a high pitched noise, which is a bit irritating, but that noise dampens to zero once bacteria is established inside the pump housing.

They have been running flawlessly for three years and I am considering getting myself a DCS 3000 as they have a new impeller design, more similar to the waveline DC pumps

I guess it would be possible to run the wavemaker gizmo directly from the profilux 0-10 port with a properly wired RJ11 to RJ45 cable, as all we need is the two 0-10 voltage lines and their respective grounds.

Maybe this could be part of the GHL product line? ☺

Cheers, Brock
    Last edited by Mistahbrock; 07.03.2018 at 13:14.

I managed to control the old version pump using some wiring and RJ12.

I used a voltage divider to reduce the voltage from 0-10 to 0- 5

The advantage of using the voltage reducer, if you update firmware or reset the Profilux you don't need to go back and change things.

And then wired it up like this

The newer pumps will need a DC brushless motor controller inbetween, hopefully I will manage to get this sorted.

Ps: this is a proper diy job, I cannot be held responsible for any damages caused.