Thread: Fresh Water Aquascaping Aquarium Setup

Default Fresh Water Aquascaping Aquarium Setup

Hello,

I am currently designing a setup of a 300l aquascaping fresh water ADA aquarium. I already have 2 ADA solar RGB lamps.

What would you suggest as the perfect GHL equipment? I intend to put a Eheim 3e 600T or 700.

My first idea goes to a ProfiLux Mega-Set (to be compatible with the Eheim as the new Profilux is not?) with a GHL Doser 2.1.

I also want to use a Measurement Cell. Can it be put on a Eheim circuit ? per exemple on the inbound of the pump or do I have to use some bypass circuitry?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Best regards

Philippe

Hello Philippe,

Thank you for your interest in our products!

If the Eheim 3e accepts 3rd party controllers, the ProfiLux 3 Mega set would be the best option as it still supports the GHL Ehiem accessory.

Our Measurement Cell can be used either in-line with the Eheim outflow tube or connected to a bypass. The bypass option will allow you to do maintenance on the measurement cell without actually having to shut down the Eheim filter.

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Which sensors would make sense for fresh aquascape waters?

So to be sure: we can connect the Measurement Cell on the outlet of the pump( pipe returning water from your canister filter to your aquarium)? Or for the bypass, I should use Y connectors system also on the outlet circuitry... So what about the loss of charge: do I need to take a pump with a higer flux or doesn't the measurement cell increase too much the resistance?

Also would you propose an other brand of filter, compatible with the the Profilux 4?

Thanks

Philippe

pH, temperature, and redox will work well for freshwater.

Yes, you can connect the Measurement cell to the outlet of the canister filter. You just need to be sure the measurement cell is positioned upright and not tilted.
    If you plan to use a Y, I suggest checking with the manufacturer to see that the outflow is strong enough to handle two separate outlets.

The P4 can control any filter with ON/OFF control when it is plugged into an outlet on the Powerbar5.1.

Ok Great... Thanks for info.

Just I am still hesitating between P3 & P4... Will the P3 be discontinuted? Or will the P4 continue to be developed?
    In the same register, is the P3 Eheim Control worth to stay with the old model? I could use a flow sensor with P4 to detect flow...

And if I buy a flow sensor, do you know where I can get connecting adapters for tubing ?

These are my last hesitations before buying...

Thanks in advance for giving your advices...

Philippe

PS: still waiting answer...
    Last edited by PHDSTG; 07.03.2018 at 17:05.