Thread: Set Doser pump as ATO now getting Pabcom error

Default Set Doser pump as ATO now getting Pabcom error

I have setup one of my doser pumps as an ATO... the ATO functionality works as expected. I 'am however getting a Pabcom error since I set the socket to the Fill water ATO only. If I go to settings and try and configure the or looks at the doser settings I get an error as the Doser is not powered on. Is there a way to set this up so I don't get the error.

I followed the Youtube instructions when setting it all up.

I'am using a doser 2.0 SA in slave mode not 2.1 if that makes a difference?

Once any PAB-device (such as a doser) is assigned to the PAB system, it requires a constant connection. Turning OFF the doser will interrupt this stream of communication and result in the PAB-COM error. This is normal and serves as an indicator to tell you that a PAB-device that SHOULD be connected to the system is no longer communicating with the primary device (Profilux).

- Turn the doser ON and the error will go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Once any PAB-device (such as a doser) is assigned to the PAB system, it requires a constant connection. Turning OFF the doser will interrupt this stream of communication and result in the PAB-COM error. This is normal and serves as an indicator to tell you that a PAB-device that SHOULD be connected to the system is no longer communicating with the primary device (Profilux).

- Turn the doser ON and the error will go away.
    Exactly how do I do that? The doser is assigned to a socket that is set as ATO. It only comes on when level sensor tells it to...

By turning ON the doser, I mean power it ON.

By your description, the doser is already powered ON.

- Do a PAB-system reset and re-assign all PAB devices via GCC.
    The system reset option can be found in the SYSTEM settings page, to the right.

By turning ON the doser, I mean power it ON.

By your description, the doser is already powered ON.

- Do a PAB-system reset and re-assign all PAB devices via GCC.
    The system reset option can be found in the SYSTEM settings page, to the right.

That does not work...

Let me explain step by step so you understand the situation.

I had my Doser hooked up to socket 2. In slave mode. Everything worked.

I followed the YouTube instructions to setup a head as an ATO. My doser is not currently dosing anything. Just being used as an ATO on a new tank.

Once I set the doser up as an ATO the socket only comes on when the level control detects low water. It comes on with low water and works perfect as an ATO. Once the level control than detects water is OK it shuts off socket 2 and I get a Pabcom error.

I did manage to manually override the socket and turned on socket 2 so I could reset pab devices. That did not help.... once it runs as an ATO it sends a PabCom error when the ATO is not active.

I was able to duplicate this exact issue on my second P4 and doser on my display tank. I normally run a stand alone ATO on this tank but just to see I tried it... same exact error. P4 and Doser 2. I don't have the doser 2.1.

This is happening because it is not setup correctly.
    - The doser does not need to be connected to the powerbar when you use a dosing pump for ATO. Disconnect it and plug it into a regular outlet.

The PAB-com error is happening because socket 2 which has the doser connected to it is no longer on. The P4 gives this error because communication to the doser is interrupted as a result of the socket no longer being ON.

This is the video you followed? This will show you how to assign the head as an ATO which does not require you to plug it into the powerbar.

This is happening because it is not setup correctly.
    - The doser does not need to be connected to the powerbar when you use a dosing pump for ATO. Disconnect it and plug it into a regular outlet.

The PAB-com error is happening because socket 2 which has the doser connected to it is no longer on. The P4 gives this error because communication to the doser is interrupted as a result of the socket no longer being ON.

This is the video you followed? This will show you how to assign the head as an ATO which does not require you to plug it into the powerbar.
    I understand why it was not working and why I was seeing an error.... If you go to minute 2:55 on the video I was not clear on the instructions. I was assuming it wanted me to use a socket for the doser. It however was not. The instructions on the video are correct I made a user error. .

Everything is working as expected now. Thanks for quick replies. Just a typical case of user error.

Glad everything is back to normal.