Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I bought a brand new UK profilux4 and its all in german???

Default I bought a brand new UK profilux4 and its all in german???

Hi

I purchased a profilux 4 mega set and it was delivered about 2 weeks ago, i only just got round to opening it because I have been so busy and only to find out everything is in German when it turns on. I dont know how to put it into English or reset it. Have i been sent the wrong product?

any help would be appreciated, thank you

thanks

also the front control on the profilux are so unresponsive, the need multiple repeat press on the arrow to make them go up and down.

not really impressed with this

Language: Connect to GHL Control Center and change the language on the first screen to english. German is default and you change it with no problems.

Responsive touch: You can calibrate the keys that will help a lot. Here is a guide how to do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW7RQjnMvY8

Thank you for the help, you are a life saver.

i also now have another issue, I cant seem to update the firmware of the profilux 4. It keesp saying update failed please reset the device by unplugging it.

I also installed the USBVCOM drivers manually for windows 10 but no luck.

you dont by any chance know what i might be doing wrong?

thank you again

Quote Originally Posted by SPSQueen View Post
    Thank you for the help, you are a life saver.

i also now have another issue, I cant seem to update the firmware of the profilux 4. It keesp saying update failed please reset the device by unplugging it.

I also installed the USBVCOM drivers manually for windows 10 but no luck.

you dont by any chance know what i might be doing wrong?

thank you again
    Did you check what port that is assigned when you try to update your Profilux? (at the step where it ask you to enter the port). Did you try to follow the guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_C5X3X-Ce0

It could help to disconnect all PAB devices if you have those connected, but from what I know it should not be required, also make sure you are using the latest version of GHL Control Center.

Hi

I followed those instructions and now I have a new problem, it wont even connect to the Profilux via usb anymore. It just wont connect, lol I goofed it already.

I updated the usbvcom driver and now it says GHL virtual communication port, which i think might be the wrong thing i updated. USBVCOM has now disppeared from the device manager. what a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by SPSQueen View Post
    Hi

I followed those instructions and now I have a new problem, it wont even connect to the Profilux via usb anymore. It just wont connect, lol I goofed it already.

I updated the usbvcom driver and now it says GHL virtual communication port, which i think might be the wrong thing i updated. USBVCOM has now disppeared from the device manager. what a mess.
    If you had a failure in the update you can fix it with https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/dow...-instructions/ - but if it start properly when you unplug and plug it then I dont think you need to do an emergency update.

Hello SPSQueen
    You have a PN

regards Pit

Thank you guys for all the help. Fortunatley I have not had a failure to update, just unpluging it resets the device. But my device refuses to update regardless of driver installed.

Thank PIWAWT for the file, really appreciate it. I followed your instruction and unfortunately it just stuck on "loading system information... please wait... after i press connect to device. i have the latest GHL control centre installed, well one before the BETA edition on the dowload section.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I wish GHL made this whole process more streamlined and easier.

Regardless of what happens guys just want you to know i am great full all the help.

Do you have a connection in the Device Manager?
    Have you set up the ComPort in the GHLControlCenter?(Menue\administrate)