Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I bought a brand new UK profilux4 and its all in german???

Quote Originally Posted by PIWAWT View Post
    Do you have a connection in the Device Manager?
    Have you set up the ComPort in the GHLControlCenter?(Menue\administrate)
    I have, i had to reset back to the old drivers and use the GHL communication driver in order for it to connect to the device. Unfortunately the file you sent me just crashes on the screen i mentioned. Not sure what else to try.

Maybe my unit is broken?

For clarification

GHL Virtual Communication port driver is only used when you are connecting to the P4 on GCC over USB.

USBVCOM driver is ONLY used for updating the P4. Outside of that, GHL Virtual Com is the regular driver.

If the load screen gets stuck, disconnect the USB cable from the PC, restart the PC, and try it again.

Which operating system do you have?
    Do you have a yellow triangle at the driver in the device manager?
    If there is a connection in the device manager, which COM port is specified there?
    Have you set up the COMPort to be used in the GHLControlCenter?
    Have you tried an older version of the GHLControlCenter? I don't know if your firmware is "too old" for the new version of the ControlCenter. (version greater than GHL Control Center V1.0.9.9)

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    For clarification

GHL Virtual Communication port driver is only used when you are connecting to the P4 on GCC over USB.

USBVCOM driver is ONLY used for updating the P4. Outside of that, GHL Virtual Com is the regular driver.

If the load screen gets stuck, disconnect the USB cable from the PC, restart the PC, and try it again.
    unfortunately no amount of restarting or even uninstalling and reinstalling fixes the freezes with usbcom drivers that are in the Cypress USB direct

its not working no matter what, i even tried another pc. I have GHL control centre version V1107. There is something amiss somewhere, possibly corrupted VBCOM drivers?

Quote Originally Posted by PIWAWT View Post
    Which operating system do you have?
    Do you have a yellow triangle at the driver in the device manager?
    If there is a connection in the device manager, which COM port is specified there?
    Have you set up the COMPort to be used in the GHLControlCenter?
    Have you tried an older version of the GHLControlCenter? I don't know if your firmware is "too old" for the new version of the ControlCenter. (version greater than GHL Control Center V1.0.9.9)
    Normal it say GHL virtual communication port and COM3. After updating the driver with the files in the Cypress USB folder, it says USBVCOM( com3). I can connect to the device with GHL virgual communication driver but not the driver USBVCOM. It keeps crashing or freezing.
    There is definitely a connection in the device manager, but I never get a triangle, windows seem to always load some default driver even after uninstalling it.
    I have definatley set up the GHL software to use come 3.
    I will now try a older version of the software to see what happens.

I am using windows 10

Thank you all for the input.
    Last edited by SPSQueen; 05.02.2018 at 21:26.

I should mention that I have nothing connected to the Profilux 4 except the usb and power cable. NO PAB devices, no Probes, nothing. Would that make a difference.

Also the software does not update or send the updates to the profilux when trying to re calibrate the KEY. It keeps crashing and the values does change. Its horrible to use like this, i have to keep my fingers for 2 seconds before it registers a click and sometimes it does not and requires repeated clicks. Surely someone must of tested this device before sending it out to me. I really did not expect so much misfortune with a brand new almost £1000 device, its getting very frustrating.

same issue with even older version of GHL control centre 1.1.0.6

i have tried to install and reinstall software from begining many times and same issue every time. Unless someone has a magic way to fix this I have officially given up. A simple update should not be this complicated.

I think my device is faulty. It wont even update the key calibrations, how can i request a brand new replacement as this unit is not even 2 weeks old?

OK guys, update :

I found out what was wrong or what I was doing wrong. There really needs to be more clear instructions on how to do this.
    Process is

1) Install GHL control centre software, most up to date if desired.
    2) plug in your GHL profilux 4 via USB
    3) You should hear a noise because a new USB device has been connected to your computer.
    3a) open up device manager and check under Ports ( COMS & LPT) there should be something there called GHL Virtual Communication Port.
    There should be a number there like COM3, COM1, COM 5 or whatever, write down this number if desired. As explained by vinny earlier one, this is what you use to communicate and receive data from the profilux 4 but not what you should be using to update the firmware of the profilux.

3b)The mistake I was making was I was changing this to desired driver in the CYPRESS USB DIRECT folder and it kept on crashing on trying to connect to the profilux. You must first connect with the GHL virtual Communication port driver and then when inside GHL click the upgrade firmware and follow the instruction and on step 2/5 of the firmware update process where it ask for the COM number to be entered, you must then click on device manager, find GHL Virtual Communication port device, right click, update the driver, then click on let me choose driver, navigate to where you have installed GHL contorl center, find the tools folder and then Cypress USB foler/drivers/windows 10 and there is a file called usbvcom. I had to force windows to accept this driver over the Virtual Communication port drivers. Only then can you proceed with the update process. Afterwards the update is finished you unplug your device and it just reverts back to Virtual Communication port drivers, if it does not just to it manually.

thank you all for all the help. I am truly grateful for everyone taking the time to help in this. Also don't try and do these things when tired and in lots of pain, your mind don't work.

still having issues with the sensitivity

thank again all.