Thread: Micro bubbles forming in reagent tube??

Default Micro bubbles forming in reagent tube??

Hello is anyone else suffering with bubbles in there reagent tube?. My bottle is directly below my dosing pump and the tube is 6” long with no kinks and flows in virtually a straight line to the pump head, After a day or 2 I can see micro bubbles in the tube below the dosing head and I cannot work out how there getting in there, can they be forming somehow in the reagent? It’s frustrating as it gives an inaccurate reading sudden drops in measured value ( ie 5DKH) and so I daren’t let the KHD control the doseing yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortie31 View Post
    Hello is anyone else suffering with bubbles in there reagent tube?. My bottle is directly below my dosing pump and the tube is 6” long with no kinks and flows in virtually a straight line to the pump head, After a day or 2 I can see micro bubbles in the tube below the dosing head and I cannot work out how there getting in there, can they be forming somehow in the reagent? It’s frustrating as it gives an inaccurate reading sudden drops in measured value ( ie 5DKH) and so I daren’t let the KHD control the doseing yet.
    Yes I have the odd bubble appear between the dosing head and KH Director . My bottle is directly below too.

I suspect it maybe sucking air where the tube connects to the doser but it looks a good seal.

I noticed micro bubbles in the reagent fluid itself. Maybe its a temperature issue?

Been reading some forums in the USA, they are having the same problem.

It does seem to be a issue with bubbles in the reagent bottle.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/kh...289907/page-18

I was thinking maybe using a magnetic stirrer could solve the bubbles in the container. Anyone tried that?

I'm also having the same problem, where the reagent tube from the doser to the kh director gathers air bubbles. This is throwing the kh measurement out by more than 1 dkh <>. Therefore at this time I can not use this to control my kh, as was intended, but only take readings. Which are not always accurate due to the air bubbles.

You won't get a solution from GHL about this problem.
    We are alone with this.

I found that changing the tube to the link below solved my problem with the bubbles.

https://www.aquasabi.com/co2/co2-hos...2-m-clear-blue

Paul, thanks for letting us now.

GHL is still in the process of finding a reliable solution for ALL users to get rid of the bubbles.

Please understand we can't just change the tube without examining if this will not cause other side effects.

We will post here aa soon as we found a working and safe solution.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.