Thread: When to replace calibration fluids?

Default When to replace calibration fluids?

Is it any life span of the calibration fluids? Been using them for close to a year soon and not sure if they are completely accurate anymore (probably been in the sump too long etc).

So any guidelines on when to replace them and do you sell full replacement packages?

Hi Aleks,

There is no general guideline for fluid longevity because it will typically depend on the individual's calibration practices. Some take a sample of fluid, put it in a cup, then calibrate with that cup. Others will dip the probe directly in the fluid. The later opens up a higher chance of cross-contamination, thus giving the fluid a shorter life span. Personally, I replace my fluids after 3-5 calibrations. If you're starting to question the fluid at 1 year old, I would recommend replacing it for a fresh bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Hi Aleks,

There is no general guideline for fluid longevity because it will typically depend on the individual's calibration practices. Some take a sample of fluid, put it in a cup, then calibrate with that cup. Others will dip the probe directly in the fluid. The later opens up a higher chance of cross-contamination, thus giving the fluid a shorter life span. Personally, I replace my fluids after 3-5 calibrations. If you're starting to question the fluid at 1 year old, I would recommend replacing it for a fresh bottle.
    I probably done 20 calibrations with the fluid and not been carefully enough to clean between the calibrations, so I probably got some contamination. I will order new ones on my next order. You should sell replacement sets with ph 4-9, redox and salinity so it would be easier to replace them all