Thread: Profilux 4 - Wifi and such

Reden Profilux 4 - Wifi and such

Hello everybody

I just managed to update my P4 Firmware to version 7.10, thanks to Vinny

After this I also updated the wifi to version 6565 and that's all right, but in that there is a couple og things that gets me wondering.

To me it would make a whole lot of sense to be able to set the wifi on the P4 itself, as my Aquarium is in my basement and mu PC is upstairs.

Also, it would be a cool feature to be able to setup the wifi directly on the P4 without a PC.

But as is look around in the menus in the display of the Profilux 4 there is seemingly no acces to set up the netork / wifi connection
    Am I missing something here ?

Also the MyGhl is only working when I use the wifi in DHCP mode, so I'm not able to set a static IP, which I prefer, for a number of reasons
    it seems the wifi firmware is still a bit beta ?

All the best, Brock
    Last edited by Mistahbrock; 21.01.2018 at 19:52.

Now that you have the wifi module updated, you should be able to connect to the P4 with the app.

Within the app, you will also have access to the WiFi settings and be able to make changes to the ACCESS POINT settings. This is the feature that makes the P4 emit its own hotspot signal for connecting directly to the device instead of through your WiFi network.

When connecting through GCC, you will find all the wifi settings in the COMMUNICATIONS settings page.

As for myGHL, set a static IP and set the DNS server to 8.8.8.8, then try to connect to myGHL.

Thanks

It would still be cool to be able to set IP / Wifi from the unit, eliminating the need of hooking up a pc in order to change anything

Alle the best, Brock

You can already to that from the app.
    1. Search for nearby wifi networks, select the P4 connection.
    2. Open GHL Connect, create a new connection and the access point IP address will automatically be filled in for you.
    3. Connect to P4 and go to WiFi settings page.

Hello Sir.

What I am suggesting is the possibility to set up wifi directly on the controller, this would make sense in so many ways

For instance with dudes like myself, I have a fishtank i the basement but my PC is located upstairs, so I have to physically disconnect the P4 and bringt upstairs to connect at USB cable and setup WIFI if anything, eg. a firmware update clutters up the IP / DNS on the P4.

I just skipped away form Neptune Systems Apex to GHL and I love it, but this particular feature I really miss

Please forward this idea to your coding team, I'm more than sure it would be appreciated widely

All the best, Brock