Thread: Want to introduce my self since I am new to GHL and there new PRO4

Default Want to introduce my self since I am new to GHL and there new PRO4

Hi, my name is Matt and I live right off the coast of St Pete Beach in FL! I have been diving wrecks and reefs since 1992, so I always had a deep passion for coral reefs and the marine life. Back in the 90's I bought my first saltwater tank.lol, I think it was a 55gallons and came with bio balls - boy those were the days... Anyways, I have been a Marine Aquarist for over 25 years and have always had a tank up and running. I am TOTALLY NEW TO THE GHL sofware since it will run a lot beeter on a PC vs a MAC! I have never used any of there products have only heard good things. I have always ran Apex for my controller due to being able to RUN it nicely on all my MAC's plus Apex was cheaper but when your talking about Reef Aquarium controllers, I think the first company would come to mind would be GHL, since they make very solid and superb products for decades. Well, I finally after a very long time of waiting for this to be released my A Brand new @GHL ProFilux4 Ulitmate set controller has arrived with a ton of extras that I also bought and you will see all that gear in the pictures. I am so darn exceited it's not even funny. I can't wait to start reading the actual MANUEL that GHL ACTUALLY sends with all of there controllers packages, unlike another company (NO NAMES MENTIONED). Also, I already bought my GHL DOSER SA MAXI for my Automatic Water Cahnges, I am just waiting in it to show up..

I am new and will probably be asking a lot of questions, so please bear with me since I am totally new to the ProFilux4 and my software. If you have any thoughts or recommendations, besides to go read the manual and try to watch as many YouTune tutorials as I can A, please let me know!

SEE YA,
    FLSharkvictim

TANK INFO:
    SC-150 MixedReef Incl 20'' Synergy Overflow box / ProfiLux4 Ult Set
    [/FONT]

s-l1600 (10).jpgs-l1600 (3).jpgs-l1600 (6).jpgs-l1600 (7).jpgs-l1600 (9).jpg

Hi Matt,

very good to have you here and a very nice introduction!
    I love St Pete Beach, Treasure Island, Clearwater and all the other lovely places you have there.

Feel free to ask here as much as you like, I am sure you will get used to our products very soon, although there are quite some differences between ProfiLux and Apex.

Check out our website, there are many downloads and videos.

Enjoy!
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    Hi Matt,

very good to have you here and a very nice introduction!
    I love St Pete Beach, Treasure Island, Clearwater and all the other lovely places you have there.

Feel free to ask here as much as you like, I am sure you will get used to our products very soon, although there are quite some differences between ProfiLux and Apex.

Check out our website, there are many downloads and videos.

Enjoy!
    I was bron and rised right in here in Clearwater and have lived here all of my life! Between you and I was getting sick and tired of the boys in California not to mention dealing with there STUCKUP teach support was a living nightmare.
    I was very lucky, I found a guy that bought entire Ult set and I am getting ready to buy the SA MAXI PUMP for my automatic water changes, then I will buy your 2.1 DOING PUMP WITH 4 HEADS. I AM ABOUT TO buy the Maxi SA 2 PUMP FOR AWC's from Premium Aquatics since he said he had a few coming in next week...

I do have a question about how to run my Avast Marine KALK reactor. On my Apex I ran it off my breakout box with a High and Low float switch so as the salt water evaporated, my Peralstic pump will kick up and dump my KALK into my sump. Ones it hit the top float switch and automatically will trun offf my Kalk Reactor. Do I jusr need to buy a few float switches and do you have some sort of breakout box to I can contol my float switches?

Thanks,
    Matt

Hi

you just buy float switches and plug them into the built-in level ports. If you need to connect 2 level switches to 1 port you need also our level switch splitter cable.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Morning, Where can I buy that from the level switch splitter cable and the float switches from?
    Het beste,
    FLSharkvictim

Tank Info: Rimless 150 Mixed Reef

Hi

from our GHL USA shop
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/usa/shop/

or from any dealer who has GHL

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    Hi

from our GHL USA shop
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/usa/shop/

or from any dealer who has GHL

Many thanks!
    Het beste,
    FLSharkvictim

Default Need some help setting up y new MaxiSA doser?

Ok, I am finally getting around to start setting up my P4 Controller. Plus, I bought your MAXISA doser for my Automatic water changes that going to be connected to my saltwater mixing station that around 25 ft from the display.
    I had it working on the old computer that broke on me and now i AM using a brand new laptop with 8 gb OF MEMORY, an Hp laptop w/ windows 10. Anyways, i CAN GET the motors to spin on the doser what so ever!
    I can get them to come on and turn red on the MAXISA doser but I can't get them to spin at all.. Please help when you get this?
    Last edited by FLSharkvictim; 24.12.2018 at 23:00.
    Het beste,
    FLSharkvictim