Thread: ProfiLux 3 Upgrade Kit - Read first!

Ausrufezeichen ProfiLux 3 Upgrade Kit - Read first!

After having some issues with the ProfiLux Upgrade Kit I have to point some hints out:

1. Check the shipment immediately after it has been delivered:
    - are all parts present or is something missing?
    - is there something broken - examine especially the boards, leave the front board inside the bag until you are sure all keys are still present

2. Test the front board before performing the complete update:
    - power off
    - unplug the 60pole cable from the old front board
    - plug this cable into the new front board (no other connections are required for this test)
    - now plug in again the power to ProfiLux
    - is the new front board now starting? Is the front display working correctly?

3. If this test was successful you can do the complete update - if not: contact us and the distributor immediately!

4. Work 100% according to the update instructions! Especially the mechanical aspects (modifying of enclosure, orientation of both halfs of the housing (where is front, where is rear) are extremely important!
    If you don't follow these instructions carefully a damage of the upgrade kit is very likely - in this case we have to charge for a replacement!

If you work according to these points the upgrade will be successful!

Hello Matthias

Already upgraded Profilux plus II ex to profilux 3.ex

I've checked pab without resistor matched with front board V1.02
    I use pc software 5.1.7.1 and hardware upgrade extended running well "profilux 3 ex" at the display.

Now i need to update from old firmware 5.08a please help the suitable new firmware.
    And pc software i have to use after firmware updated already, anything else to make attention please advise too.

thank you

Here you find the latest firmware version:
    http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/do...do=file&id=180

Please note that your settings will get lost if you update from version 5 to 6,
    so please note down your settigs before.

The PC-Software can be downloaded here:
    http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/do...do=file&id=185
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Yes Carolin thanks
    All done i use the latest pc software and firmware, in order to access from outside is this true?
    I use fix Ip address 192.168.1.145 subnet 255.255.255.0 and gateway 192.168.1.1 DNS 8.8.8.8 server port i use 80 (RJ port Green and orange ON)
    whats address at web browser i have to use when at office /outside "PC" ?

Hello,

you have to enable port forwarding in your router

Access to your ProfiLux aquarium computer from the outside...

To access your home net work with connected ProfiLux from the outside, the following conditions have to be fulfilled:

- Active ProfiLux webserver
    - Firm domain or IP (e.g. via DynDNS service)
    - Forwarding of HTTP-requests (Port 80) in the router to the internet IP-address of your ProfiLux aquarium computer

Proceed as follows:

1.Check the function of the ProfiLux webserver in your local network.
    2.Register yourself at a DynDNS service. (e.g. dyndns.org)
    3.Install the DNS-activation software of this service.
    4.Check the function of the DynDNS service.
    5. Define the passwords for the accesss to your ProfiLux (PL Control)
    6.Configurate your router in a way that incoming HTTP requests on port 80 are redirected to the IP-address of your ProfiLux aquarium computer. (look at router manual)

Now you can configurate from each web browser worldwide and from each mobile phone with internet your ProfiLux aquarium computer.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.