Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GHL app outside network setup

I have managed to get this to work by opening up 10001 on the router and forwarding it to 10001.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I am starting to feel a little defeated. While I don't claim to be a networking expert, I know my way around a router interface and have set up port forwarding many times in the past. I am, however, unable to access my doser using the GHL Connect app from outside my home network. I am able to connect to it with GHL Connect within my home network without problems using the doser's reserved internal IP address. I have set up an account with a DDNS provider (noip.com), given my doser a static ip address in my network and have set up port forwarding to us port 10001 for both external and internal. No matter what I try, I can't seem to connect to the doser from outside of the network. This shouldn't be this difficult.
    Linksys Smart Wi Fi.jpg

You need to add the port number at th end of the access address

E.g. aygghb@ddns.net:10001

Hello,

can you access your Doser 2 with GHL Control Center from outside with the given external address?

If so, it should work with GHL Connect, too.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasF View Post
    Hello,

can you access your Doser 2 with GHL Control Center from outside with the given external address?

If so, it should work with GHL Connect, too.
    I am not able to connect to GHL Control Center from outside with the external address and I have been using the port number at the end of the address. hostname.ddns.net:10001 where hostname is the name of my ddns name reserved with noip.com. If I drop off the port number, I am able to access my router control panel externally so it would appear that there is a problem with the port forwarding to the doser. Also myghl.com works fine.

If both, GHL Connect and GHL Control Center are not working from outside,
    it is most likely a port-forwarding problem in your setup.

Check your router settings and/or reconfigure the portforwarding, you could also try setting another external port redirecting
    to tcp:10001.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Been following this hoping for a fix, I can’t connect to GHL connect using my ddns account, however I can connect to profilux and dashboard, Iv tried on port 10001 and port 80, I can connect to all three if I’m at home, it’s only GHL connect I can’t connect to while I’m away.

What happens when you try to connect from outside network using your ddns on a web browser ?

In the app the host name should you your ddns address.
    Make sure your port is opened and forwarded correctly

Quote Originally Posted by ispookie666 View Post
    What happens when you try to connect from outside network using your ddns on a web browser ?

In the app the host name should you your ddns address.
    Make sure your port is opened and forwarded correctly

If it wasn’t set up properly I wouldn’t be able to connect to dashboard, if I put my dns into the browser I get ghl dashboard

Got it all working with the kind help of ispooky666, thanks buddy.