Thread: Starting manual water change via P Touch

Daumen hoch Starting manual water change via P Touch

hi

I’m setting up new P4 system my first venture into aquarium control. My ATO is set up using first 2 sensors which is working.

But struggling to how to set up a manual instigated water change, I would like to start the water change pump via P touch which would turn off if min level in water change tank is low (level sensor 3) ...with a timer just in case. I have an overflow in sump so not to worried about level in sump...although I do have level sensor 4 for alarm if too high in sump.

I have used the maintenance 1 to start the pump but not worked out if I can add level logic to turn off if low..and also been successful setting auto top up.
    but struggling with this idea

Any ideas...apologies if obvious but totally new to this and finding it hard going

Many thanks

Hi there,

Here's how to setup an AWC function that will be controlled by 2 sensors:

CREATE THE FUNCTION
    1. Click on the (+) icon to the left of Probe/sensor controls and select LEVEL.
    2. Select an unused CONTROL CIRCUIT
    3. Select the desired Operation mode.
    Water change: Select this option if you want to assign dedicated sensors to this function.
    ATO & Water change: Similar to Water change, but also includes the ATO function where the top (max-point) sensor will serve for both ATO and AWC functions.
    i. If this option is selected, select if you want the ATO function always active.
    4. Set the Maximum on-time.
     This is a failsafe feature that will turn OFF the assigned Powerbar outlets in case a level sensor does not respond.
    5. If you wish to have the alarm for this function automatically reset when normal operation is detected, check the box.
     If the box is left unchecked and an alarm is triggered by this function, ProfiLux will keep the assigned Powerbar outlets OFF until you manually reset the error.
    6. Select the TIMER number which will be responsible for activating this AWC function.
     Select a TIMER number that is not currently being used. You will go to this TIMER function and configure it shortly.
    7. Select the sensor numbers that will be used for this function.
     For example, if you have a single sensor connected to the Level 1/2 port, select 1.
     If you are using a splitter cable and have both sensors connected to Level port 1/2, select 1 and 2. Same rules apply for if these sensors are connected to Level port 3/4, 5/6, etc.
    8. Type-in a description for this AWC function and click OK.

The maximum on-time feature is what will turn OFF the designated FILL and DRAIN pumps if they happen to run longer than the specified MAX on-time.

ASSIGN THE FUNCTION
    1. Click on the (+) icon to the left of System and select SWITCH CHANNELS AND OUTLETS.
    2. Select the outlet that has the AWC DRAIN pump connected to it.
    3. Set the function to DRAIN WATER and select the Control Circuit number you used when you created the AWC function.
     For example, if you created the function on Control circuit 1, set the function to DRAIN WATER 1. If Control circuit 2 was used, set the function to DRAIN WATER 2.
    4. Type-in a description in both fields, then click OK.
    5. Select the outlet that has the AWC FILL pump connected to it.
    6. Set the function to FILL WATER (AWC ONLY) and select the Control Circuit number you used when you created the AWC function.
     Similar to step 3, if you created the function on Control circuit 1, set the function to FILL WATER (AWC ONLY) 1.
    7. Type-in a description in both fields, then click OK.
    8. Click SAVE CHANGES.

Once the AWC setup is complete, you will see a new button on your ProfiLux Touch. This is the button that will manually activate the AWC function.

Vinny
    Thanks for the quick response and the detail, this has allowed me to understand the functionality more and to get the water water change process up and running

Really looking forward to seeing how much I can get out of the P4 in the mean time many thanks