Thread: Problem with Profilux Vortech Controller, don't see Pump

Default Problem with Profilux Vortech Controller, don't see Pump

Hello Friends,
    Please help decide problem with Profilux Vortech –controller.
    I used search and checked all topics about Profilux Vortech controller, checked all available manuals, but no result already during one week. So I’ll try explain my problem in details, hope it will let you assume reason of this situation.

I bought new equipment:
    1. Profilux4 controller
    2. Two power bars 5.1
    3. Vortech controller
    4. Two Vortech MP40QD

After connection, everything start work correctly I could controll Vortech pumps and choose different modes for it through Profilux 4 contoller. Than I noted that Vortech pums don’t have any name in GCC and decided delete assignment for pumps and reassign it. After this action I can’t assign it again.
    Profilux 4 see profilux vortech controller, no any mistake. I assign and delete it many time from pub devices.
    Vortech Controller has following state: orange, green, blue led always On, red led always blink little faster than 1 time in a second.
    I tried update it but during udate I see mistake "Erasing Flash" and then another box pops up and says "Error While Transmitting Firmware". I used powercycle method and usual method for update, but same reaction, no update just error.
    Can be this error because of same version software already installed in VController and update version firmware from GCC is same? Version firmare VController is 1.04 and version that I try reudate is same 1.04

I installed on PC all GCC version from Download with full update Profilux 4, and WiFi modul but Profilux vortech controller don’t want accept update, always I see mistake "Erasing Flash" and then another box pops up and says "Error While Transmitting Firmware".
    When I changed GCC version I delete previous version GCC from PC than install new GCC.

Power bar also don’t accept update, exactly same error during update. But it working with full options!

I made reset pump controller MP40QD with full reset and standard reset many times. I tried update it through Profilux vortech controller, but update process don’t start because profilux don’t have connection to MP40QD. Update radio module not active.
    But I noted that when I push SET button on the pump controller for add pump to GCC blue led blink once. It means that radio connection between Profilux Vortech controller and pump controller available. But GCC don’t add new pump to the list of controlling pumps.

Now I installed latest version of GCC V 1.1.0.3 and updated P4
    Firmware Profilux 4 - 7.08
    Firmware Vortech controller - 1.04 (don’t accept update from GCC)
    Firmware power bar – 1.01 (don’t accept update from GCC)
    Firmware WiFi -6512
    The PUB wire is original, change it to another, no result.

Profilux Vortech controller and power bar use differents PUB.
    In time update controllers I always keep only one device connected to the PUB.
    Distance between profilux and pump controller 10 cm for radio connection.
    I switched off all radio even WiFi for stable radio connection, no result.
    My ideas finished… Please help! Don’t sleep last 3 nights.. .

If somebody have same problem, please tell me about your decision this problem.
    If somebody know why PUB devices don’t accept update please let me know.
    Thank you!

Vitaliy.

Any comments from GHL support?

Clear memory on the Vortech driver then assign it to the GHL Vortech Controller.

QD driver info is currently not shown in GCC and may show as 0. As long as the pumps are responding to the set commands, that is all you need to do.

Dear Vinny,

Can you advice how clear memory Vortech Cntroller?
    When I try update Vortech controller it's always Error Erasing Flash. And same mistake when I try update powerbar 5.1
    I suppose problem in PL4, it's also don't update firmware through USB. Always timeout error even with push button inside PL4.

With best regards,
    Vitaliy.

Hello,
    Intrested by this topic. I have same issue with one of my four vortech pump.
    I even do reset of the pump and it did not solve the issue.
    The vortech control module is seeing 3 of my 4 pump. One strange things is that all four are controlled but in the interface in GHL control center, only 3 are visible.

Thanks
    Houman

Have you tried deleting the assignment of all pumps and resetting and reassign them?
    When trying an update of the pumps or controller you should connect via USB to the ProfiLux.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thanks Thilo for the answer.
    Yes I already tried to deleting all assignement and reassigning them. One of the pump is not apearing een if it's controlled.
    For the update of the pumps, I was not very comfortable for doing is. My pumps are Vortech MP40QD and they are very recently built (June 2018 wrtin on the box).
    So I'm not sure how much it's a good idea to update them with GHL copy of firmware which is probably older. and as it's not show in the interface, don't know how to insure that.

Hi Houman,

Please remove all 4 Vortech pumps from controller assignment and also unassign the Vortech controller from the ProfiLux's PAB system, then re-assign.

The only update that may be necessary is the firmware on the PAB-device (Vortech controller) itself. In this case, you can follow the update steps shown here: