Thread: Profilux accuracy of the pH sensors.

Default Profilux accuracy of the pH sensors.

Hi I wanted to know what is the measurement accuracy of profilux 4 with regard to ph probes, if it is +/- 0.1 ?? or if it is +/- 0.01 / 0.02 ?? If I did not read in the user manual it should be +/- 0.1 but I wonder why it is not possible to have a greater accuracy, thank you.

Hello,

The resolution for pH is +/- 0.1 as noted on page 43 of our P4 manual.

0.1 accuracy is sufficient for aquarium purposes. Having a higher degree of accuracy provides no added benefits and comes at a significantly higher hardware and probe cost. With a reading of 8.1 vs. 8.15, aquariums will not undergo such a change that we need to monitor pH to that extent. Corals are not sensitive to such tiny changes in pH.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Hello,

The resolution for pH is +/- 0.1 as noted on page 43 of our P4 manual.

0.1 accuracy is sufficient for aquarium purposes. Having a higher degree of accuracy provides no added benefits and comes at a significantly higher hardware and probe cost. With a reading of 8.1 vs. 8.15, aquariums will not undergo such a change that we need to monitor pH to that extent. Corals are not sensitive to such tiny changes in pH.
    Hi and thanks for the answer, I wanted to use the profilux 4 on the planted aquarium and that's why I asked for the accuracy of the precision.

No problem. Same applies to plants.

Hi,
    Resolution is not accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by DonTobi View Post
    Hi,
    Resolution is not accuracy.
    In fact, I wanted to know how accurate the accuracy was, not the resolution ...