Thread: Pump recommendation needed please - denitrator feed

Default Pump recommendation needed please - denitrator feed

Hi all,
    can I have a recommendation for a controllable pump that I can use to send tank water to my Aquamedic Nitrate Reduktor 5000? Ideal flow rate is 10l per hour, which is higher than any of the peristaltic pumps that I have (and I wouldn't want one to have to run continuously). I want my P3ex to monitor the redox in the chamber of the reactor, and increase or decrease flow rate depending.
    thanks

Hi there,

For a small flow rate, I would suggest looking at the Aqua Lifter pump by TOM aquatics. These can push about 13 lph and can bring water up to 75cm high. These pumps however are not 1-10v controllable so you would not be able to increase/decrease the flow. I'm not aware of there being any 1-10v pump that pushes only 10 lph. Your best bet would be to just set the Powerbar socket to turn the pump ON and OFF when necessary.

Remember that you can always put on a valve to dump water back in the tank (after pump). Then you option to tune flow to your need.

You have peristaltic pump that are built to run 24/7 - Masterflex, but that might be out of your budget (...or need).

Thanks Vinny and keneil01. I'll look at the TOM aquatics pump. At the moment its being fed by a line off my chiller return, so I can of course control via a manual valve, but I wanted to automate it using its internal Redox probe. Another option I'm considering is a solenoid that I'll plug into a power bar and turn on/off.

Maybe the aquamedic DC runner could be used, its 0-10 controllable