As usual my wifi stopped working for no reason weeks ago and hasn't worked since. I got fed up of getting it working nd having it suddenly stop.

Today I wanted to do the upgrades. GCC upgraded to 1.1.0.0 ok and the firmware to 7.08.

I then went to do the wifi upgrade. I followed the video, I am on COM4. My IP address pinged ok and while connected with USB, I opened the ip in a browser to get to the web front end. Selected settings, transfer files and firmware.

I opened programfilex86, v1100>wifi>wififirmware-update-tool>firmware.bin (there are not any other firmware.bins in the usual '4837' type folder). The file checked ok and it started the upgrade and then failed.

All my connection settings reset to 0 and the SSID etc all disappeared. I set it up again, set the setings, saved them and reconnected. It will NOT assign the static IP I set (the same as I have used previously). I have rebooted the P4, rebooted the router and it lost settings again.

Currently I cannot ping the ip address as it just says unreachable. I cannot get the P4 connection page to have an assigned IP. I cannot upgrade the wifi firmware, I cannot connect using my browser to the IP address. I tried to use the wifi firmware update tool but it only offers COM1 and COM3, not COM4.

What they hell do I do?

WHy of why will the P4 not hold and continue to work with wifi but just drop after a few hours/days and not work gain?????

:-(

I am at the end of my tether now. The longest it has ever worked was for about two days. Now I can't complete the wifi upgrade either:-(