Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: ProfiLux 3: What to do in the case a firmware update failed

Was there a jumper included in the original box of my Profilux 3.1n eX? Or is it under the lid of the unit already? I have to perform the USB flash soon and want to have all of my ducks in a row.

Thanks,
    Scott

No I don't think so I didn't get one with my unit, I used a piece of electric cable touching both prongs removing it within 2 seconds

Try the firmware recovery with the RS232-port if possible

Just an update, GHL included a small black jumper on the JP1 post of my Profilux 3.1n eX unit. I did the flash update and got it working.

Delighted to hear that scythanith , now to enjoy .

Best Regards

Paul

Default trouble it firmware upgrade for 3.1 N eX

I am having a difficult time upgrading to firmware 6.06

Current setup:
    PF 3.1 N eX controller
    fw 5.15
    I use a Macbook pro with Windows XP in bootcamp
    I connect using USB cable
    I use Flasher FR. I believe I have all the correct settings for Flasher FR(as listed in instructions found on his thread and elsewhere in forum).
    I have downloaded latest drivers for built in serial to USB adapter.
    I have downloaded latest firmware.

After restarting controller, I get:

ERROR !! NO.006 Unable to open COM port. Nothing more happens.

What m I doing wrong?
    Do I need to use a 3rd part serial to USB adapter cable?
    Do I need to open up my controller?

You try to use the Flasher FR which is for emergency updates only. This is not the way to perform a normal update.

Anyway, if you do so, the jumper inside the Profilux has to be set for USB emergency update first.

Further informations can be found inside the guide for Emergency update ProfiLux3 & ProfiLux31

If you follow the steps carefuklly, there should be no problem to become your PL back to life.

Don't use the Flasher FR tool unless you had an interrupted firmware update and your profilux is bricked. A simple USB cable from your laptop to the profilux, the same one you'd use to connect with ProfiluxControl is all you need. Connect with PC 6.06 and choose update profilux firmware in the menu at the top. Make sure you transmit sensor data and profilux data from the profilux first in case you have a bad update.

Did this, but I get following error:
    Error while transmitting firmware!: FLASHERASE - No response- 8.
    Help!

Quote Originally Posted by scythanith View Post
    Don't use the Flasher FR tool unless you had an interrupted firmware update and your profilux is bricked. A simple USB cable from your laptop to the profilux, the same one you'd use to connect with ProfiluxControl is all you need. Connect with PC 6.06 and choose update profilux firmware in the menu at the top. Make sure you transmit sensor data and profilux data from the profilux first in case you have a bad update.

Then you will have to use the emergency flash link that Gunther posted above. It seemed a little counting at first but once you get the profilux opened up the jumper was included on the pins already, I just had to move it onto both of the pins. Follow the directions precisely!