Thread: Error 502 Bad Gateway

Default Error 502 Bad Gateway

Recently I've been having troubling accessing myghl. Logging in gets me to my connected devices but when i click on the "show" tab to access my p4 it often takes forever with the spinning cicle to eventually only get the 502 error. Am I missing something? Used to be able to connect. It was slow but at least I could connect. Any help would be appreciated.
    On the other hand my Mitras connection usually connects without a problem.
    Thanks.
    Rob

Are you using latest firmwares for ProfiLux 4 (7.08) and its WiFi module 6407?
    Otherwise, please contact support@ghl-kl.de or if you have more issues.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasF View Post
    P4 firmware is (7.08). WiFi module is 6233.
    Guess I should update the WiFi module and see what happens.
    I'll let you know.
    Thanks for the response.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasF View Post
    That seems to have taken care of the problem.
    Thank you again for the support.
    Rob

Hi Rob,

In the future, whenever we release a new firmware version for the ProfiLux 4, it would be best to also update the WiFi module firmware if there is a new version available. This will ensure that you have the latest version firmware for a stable connection to the myGHL servers.

Sorry Vinny, I was away for a few days. Thanks for the heads up. I never new the WiFi module firmware needed an update nor how to do it. Well obviously I figured it out. Whew!! Actually it was relatively easy. Only problem was I updated it last Tuesday and it was working fine. Went away Wednesday and I think Thursday I was unable to access the P4 through myGHL (Black globe). My Mitras was still accessible though. When I got home yesterday I checked my router settings and the P4 could not be found. I had lost the P4 WiFi. I had to unplug the P4 for a few seconds and on reboot it was there again. I will keep an eye out going forward to make sure it doesn't happen again.

On another note, the update gave me email notification. I was wondering why prior to the WiFi update that even with the newest version of GCC I could not see any sort of email notification settings when I thought they were supposed to be present. Now I know why.

Hopefully it remains stable.
    Thanks again.
    Rob

WiFi module firmware updates not only improve signal reliability, it also adds new communication-related features such as Email notification.

So I'm now using P4 firmware 7.08, Wifi firmware 6407 with GCC v1.1.0.0. Both Mitras are running firmware 1.07 and wifi firmware 6376. My wireless on my P4 and Mitras have been hit and miss. When I try to access my P4 or my Mitras through myghl sometimes they are accessible and sometimes they are not. At the time they are not when I check my routers attached wireless device list the devices will not be listed. I can check a few hours later and it will be there again and then I can access it through myghl again. This is not all 3 at the same time. I may have access to one or two or even all 3 at once(rare). Not sure if the GHL units stop sending out wifi signal or router is not picking them up for some reason. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Rob

Edit: If I unplug the P4 for a few seconds and plug it back in it immediately becomes accessible again. Haven't tried it with the Mitras yet but I'm assuming the same would happen.

Update: This morning I had the P4 showing up in my wireless internet device list but still could not connect through myghl (Black globe). By this afternoon it was working again. Not sure why I'm having these issues. All help appreciated.
    Last edited by rc1626; 02.10.2017 at 21:12.

Hello Rob,

It could be related to the MeasurementValues. If these are activated, they will be transmitted
    regularily to the myGHL-Server.
    You could test it by disabling the recording of the sensor values or myGHL at all.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thank you for the response Matthias. How would I go about doing that? Would it be done in GCC or in MyGHL?