Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: tunze 6105 vs redox

good work Matthias just hope they are not to costly as its looking like i may need 6 (4 for the tunze and 2 for the meanwells)

Tunze 6105 vs redox - i'm also curious to learn about the findings and solutions.

As JJB requested if someone has his combination, well here i am. I've got two Tunze 6105 and PLIIex with redox and sinse the installation 3 weeks ago my redox values have not move a bit. They are constantly around 239/238 Mv. As discussed ierlier with Matthias, i'm curious to learn what is causing this. note: i've just started to implant bacteria in the tank, solely holding dead coral and 20 kilo's of life rock. Although the skimmer is already producing waste, i would expect that the redox would respond,. nothing thus.

JJB and Matthias what is the current status now wrt both the redox and 6105's from your previous discussions:
    note 2: My PL is seperated from the cabinet with other powercables to ensure/limit interference, so the redox cable goes directly to the probe holder in the tank not meeting any other cable other than the PH, temp and COND cables from the PL. Any suggestions?

Gr. Franklin

what are the redox ADC value?
    what does the reading when the probe is immersed in a glas of water outside the tank?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Default Redox values

Hi Matthias,

Values: according PLControl 5.01.1.1

val1 0mV ADC 468
    val2 250mV ADC 564
    Tankvalue= 239

with normal tapwater: 289mV after 5 min.
    with osmose water: 273mV after 5 min.
    then back in tank: 224mV after 5 min.

conclusion?

Gr. Franklin

Hi Matthias, just came across this thread as I'm experiencing the same problems as jjb! Do you have an update on the isolator your working on please?

Quote Originally Posted by jjb View Post
    will try extra ground probe in the sump. i have tried the profilux sat on the floor in front of tank , sensors then go straight to the tank, not next to any power cables and i still get the strange readings its as if the tunze backfeed the profilux. will post after i have done the extra probe.
    i had the same but after changing to a new GHL redox probe and replacing a new ozon gernerator my mV is back to normal. If you have done all this and still the same idd replace your tunze!

can any one confirm if changing to a new probe will solve this out standing problem

We found out that all issues with bad probe readings (in most cases redox, in rare cases pH and cond.) had been produced through other devices or bad probes, as far as I know all issues had been solved.
    In my opinion an isolator is pointless, for this this reason the development and production (which costs a lot of money initially) hasn`t a high priority anymore at the moment.

This could help:
    - if the probe is defective (too old) replace it
    - if you have an ungrounded ProfiLux power supply the use of a grounded power supply may help to eliminate the interferences from the Tunze pumps (the latest ProfiLux are shipped with a grounded PSU as standard in order to get rid of problems with noise from 3rd party products)
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

hi Matthias
    the probe is about 9 months old so don't want to replace if i don't have to.
    please can you let me know about the new grounded power supply and how to get one. i have just got a new dosing unit is the power supply that comes with that the new type.

You can receive the grounded power supply through your retailer, it is:

Spare-AC/DC-EUR
    Ersatz Netzteil Europa, Tischnetzteil incl. Netzkabel