Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vague instructions

Default vague instructions

why are the instructions for the Profilux3EX so vague, i have spent nearly 2k on this unit and to be quite frank the instructions are *%$!?

I am trying to get my doser up and running, the "instructions" say

ProfiLux disposes of several (number depends on the model) freely programmable timers. The sockets which shall
    react to the switching processes can be assigned as described under 7.3 Switching output.
    After the selection of the timer which you would like to program, you can first enter the number of Switching
    cycles per day (0 up to 8; 0 means that this timer is not active).
    Then set the Switching mode. You can choose among the following options:
    Normal
    This operational mode is used to program longer switching times (accuracy 1 minute).
    The switching time is determined by entering the Switch-on time and the Switch-off time.
    Short time
    With this setting you can achieve short switching periods (1 s up to 300 s, accuracy 1 s). The switching time is defined
    through entering the Switch-on time and the Duration.
    Automatic dosing
    As many Dosings per day will take place as it has been set before under Switching cycles per
    day.The time points of the dosings are calculated automatically (they are spread evenly throughout the day). The
    switching duration is calculated automatically on the basis of the Flow rate of the pump and the Rate per
    dosing (see below).
    Manual dosing
    As many Dosings per day will take place as it has been set before under Switching cycles perProgramming guide
    As of 04/07/2011 Page 19/40
    day.The time points of the dosings can be defined explicitely afterwards. The switching duration is calculated
    automatically on the basis of the Flow rate of the pump and the Rate per dosing (see below).
    Event start
    The timer starts a process like e.g. a water change, see 3 Level. Here only the Start time has to be entered.
    Cyclic
    This mode has been added in firmware 5.07 and allows very special switching sequences. Please note that this mode
    can only be selected and adjusted using our PC software ProfiLuxControl!
    In this mode the timer is alternately switched on resp. off after expiration of a certain waiting time.
    The waiting time after which it is switched on is determined by a random generator within the limits of minimum
    waiting time and maximum waiting time.
    If the waiting time shall always be the same, you have to enter the same value for both times. The waiting time after
    which it is switched off, is also determined through a minimum waiting time and a maximum waiting time.
    A cycle consists of 1 to 4 pairs of switch-on and switch-off waiting times. After the last switch-off of the cycle, the cycle
    will start again. All waiting times can be set in the range from 1 s to 65535 s.
    Example for a cycle with 2 switch-ons and switch-offs:
    min. wait time max. wait time result
    switch on 1 10 s 20 s after 10 to 20 seconds is switched on
    switch off 1 60 s 60 s after 60 seconds is switched off
    switch on 2 300 s 1000 s after 300 to 1000 seconds is switched on
    switch off 2 1 s 30 s after 1 to 30 seconds is switched off
    cycle starts at the beginning again
    After defining the switching mode you have to enter the Day mode:
    Days of week
    Here you have to set on which days of week the switching shall take place. A marked box means "Switching on this
    day of week active", a blank box means "inactive".
    Interval of days
    Here the number of days is set after which the switching cycle shall be repeated, 1 day means daily switching cycle.
    After this it has to be set in how many days the switching shall be started.
    If you have selected a dosing switching mode you also have to enter the Flow rate in ml/minute. Here the actual
    pump performance is meant, based on this indication, ProfiLux calculates the switch-on times of the dosing pump. A
    change of this setting does not influence the pump performance – this is firmly predefined by the pump mechanics! In
    case of an automatic dosing you have to set furthermore the Rate per dosing.
    Finally you have to set if this timer shall make the Feeding pause active (except for the selection of Event
    start). If you confirm here with Yes, then the feeding pause is activated as long as this timer is active. The feeding
    pause remains furthermore active for the time set under Feeding pause duration. This makes for example
    then sense, if with this timer an automatic feeder or a dosing pump is controlled. Please pay attention that the feeding
    pause should not last too long – see also 6.4 Feeding pause.
    Hints for
    dosing
    The dosing amount per day corresponds to the product of Dosings/day and Rate/ Dosing
    e.g. 4 dosings per day à 10 ml result in a dosing per day of 40 ml.
    As an alternative you can also use a timer or a controller (e.g. pH-value or conductivity) to control a
    dosing pump.
    Due to tolerances, the flow rate of a pump given on the data sheet can possibly deviate from the
    reality. To achieve the highest dosing accuracy as possible, we recommend to measure the actual
    flow rate of a pump (let pump run for 1 minute and measure the quantity of fluid pumped in this

where dose it tell me how and where to connect the pump, to what socket...........it plainly dose not, so how am i supposed to know?

Never in my life of 52 years have i spent so much money on something that has caused me so much frustration, im supposed to be enjoying this, atm i bloody hate it

Someone please help me

Gazz

Equipment which has so many functions and option like the Profilux3 will never have a easy manual.
    It will take studding and trying out to get a feel for the Profilux3.
    When I first got my P3 I almost thrown it out of the window, but after a week or so I got the philosophy and logic behind the system and now a can read and write with it. And trust me, when you really understand the system you will love it and see that the possibilities are almost endless.
    (But when you can not even program your old VCR, you got a real problem and probably never will learn to control your Profilux3)

lmao, yr right, im getting there, its just soooooo slowwwww

I agree. It's not the best of manuals, but they have AWESOME CUST SERVICE. Email Michael or Gareth and they will get on top of it.
    An once you learn the basics, its really very easy to work around.
    Go to THIS IS ME sticky about on the forum. There is A LOT of great info on it.

Always at sea;
    Doggydoc

Quote Originally Posted by doggydoc10 View Post
    I agree. It's not the best of manuals, but they have AWESOME CUST SERVICE. Email Michael or Gareth and they will get on top of it.
    An once you learn the basics, its really very easy to work around.
    Go to THIS IS ME sticky about on the forum. There is A LOT of great info on it.

Always at sea;
    Doggydoc

got a link bud

After sitting up most of the night (im starting to enjoy this now) iv made a bit of headway, things as they are

i have my 6 plug bar as follows

socket 1 heating
    socket 2 cooling
    socket 3 ozone
    socket 4 lights

now, this is where im getting a tad confused i think,

I have my 3 way doser plugged into s1-s4, does this now mean that the socket numbers have changed, ie, would i have to make heating socket 5, cooling socket 6, ozone socket 7 and so on?

DONE IT at last

Awesome. Glad all is working.
    It gets better as you get used to all the options.

Always at sea;
    Doggydoc

yes doggy, iv even just set up my ATO , at this rate ill be the one giving advise lol

That's pretty much how this works. You learn a couple of "Simple" scenarios and get the hang of it. Once you "understand" how the ProfiLux thinks it's much more user friendly. Once you get "Fluent" in ProfiLux you become a helper and the cycle repeats itself.. over ... and over.. and OVER again