Thread: P4 Power failure monitor port

Default P4 Power failure monitor port

I want to be prepared when my P4 arrives and my main concern is the P4 power failure monitor port.
    Can someone explain how this port is intended to be used.
    Do I need any special cable/connector?
    What exactly will this port monitor, current maybe?
    Can we use programmable logic based on the reading from the port?
    Any information well be helpful here.
    I plan to use UPS as a backup but i want to turn off some of the consumers as soon as the power goes off to extend the UPS battery time.
    Maybe i can use PLM-ADIN (don't know if it's compatible with P4) hooked on a relay to achieve this but if this new port can be used insted that will be great.
    Thanks

Hi

the line monitor (power failure) port of the P4 will exactly offer what you need.

You simply plug in there a 5V-12V power supply with 3.5mm plug which gets its power from the AC socket you want to monitor.

P4 recognizes when the voltage on the line monitor port drops, which means that the AC socket has no power also.

You can define what shall happen then, e.g.:
    - switch certain sockets off
    - change voltage of 1-10V interfaces
    - change pump speed

I am not sure if we can manage to have this feature in the first firmware version, if not it will be available in one of the next updates. I am working right now on it.

-> you don't need a PLM-ADIN
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hi Matthias,
    and thanks for the reply.
    That sounds great. Can't wait to get my hands on the P4 and start configuring stuff.
    Best Regards

A follow up post on the power monitor thread too keep it in the same thread.

If you have two independent ac supplies to the aquarium room is it possible to monitor both ?
    One obviously via the Power failure monitor port on "AC power1" , but if a powerbar is connect to "AC power2" can powerbar then report powerfailure on "AC power2"

I have no idea how to do this, there is only one port
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hi,

Can you offer possibility to select a level port as a power monitor port on Profilux3 ?
    P3 user can use a relay powered by a 5V-12V power supply and do same thing like P4.
    For now with my P3 i have a level port connected on the alarm relay output of my UPS, i made some programable logic to reduce power consumption in case of low battery and it could be interesting to have same functionality like P4 (reduce pump speed, etc...)

Thank