Thread: connection between Profilux and myGHL

Default connection between Profilux and myGHL

Hi,

How do I know the connection between Profilux and myGHL?

I suppose by IP, but how does our external ip know?

Is it possible to use this information to access via GCC from outside the home?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EgaReef View Post
    Hi,

How do I know the connection between Profilux and myGHL?

I suppose by IP, but how does our external ip know?

Is it possible to use this information to access via GCC from outside the home?

thanks
    The connection happens behind the scenes, and no action is required by you like knowing your IP etc. You just connect it with the information located in the connection tab.

I dont see why it should not be possible to use GCC from outside your home. Just open the corresponding ports on your router (and allow the computer incoming ports) and use your external IP. Another option is to use Remote Desktop to control GCC.

I know, I don't have to do anything to connect to myghl, this works for me correctly.

For the remote connection via GCC it's necessary to know the external IP, which in my case is dynamic, and I thought that information could have the Profilux.

I know, I don't have to do anything to connect to myghl, this works for me correctly.

For the remote connection via GCC it's necessary to know the external IP, which in my case is dynamic, and I thought that information could have the Profilux.
    If you have a dynamic IP, you can often setup a dynamic DNS on your router (or a computer that you are running locally). Use a free service like this https://www.noip.com/free then you dont have to worry about your external IP.

It is for a new installation and there are no such possibilities, I haven't computer and the router doesn't have it either.

Thank you

It is for a new installation and there are no such possibilities, I haven't computer and the router doesn't have it either.

Thank you
    Should be still a couple of possibilities

1. Ask your internet provider to give your static IP (a lot do for cheap)
    2. Use an app on your phone that refresh a dynamic DNS when you are connected to your home network / WIFI.

Thanks