Thread: Expansion Box constant yellow after power failure

Default Expansion Box constant yellow after power failure

I have a Profilux 3.1N eX (firmware 6.29) with 2 expansion boxes (firmware 2.03). I had a recent power outage and now one of my expansion boxes shows a constant yellow and none of the probes (temp, pH, airtemp/humidity) are showing values. I have tried unassigning and reassigning the boxes as well as a PAB system reset without resolution. I have also tried to unplug the expansion 2 box for 10 seconds with no improvement. Please help with next steps. Thanks you.

Still having problems. I tried to downgrade the firmware on the expansion 2 box to 2.01. It will turn the logo color back to blue, but still no readings from the probes. I also opened the unit and tried to reset it with the button inside. Still no improvement. Could someone please help?

A solid yellow light indicates that the memory has been reset. Check to see that you can successfully assign this PAB-device to your P3 system. You should be able to see the newly added list of probes and ADC values for each new probe.

Once you have the device assigned, you should see it listed in your ProfiLux's PAB-device list. You can also try to reset your PAB-devices within GCC.

More information on color codes can be found here:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/wha...-the-ghl-logo/

Please provide us with a screenshot of your SYSTEM settings page showing the device added and its installed FW version.
    Last edited by Vinny; 08.07.2017 at 12:34.

I have unassigned and reassigned several times as well as several PAB system resets. The expansion box adds just fine. There just isn't any functionality. There is a humidity/air temp, pH, and digital temp probe attached. None show any reasonable values. I downgraded to firmware 2.01 which removes the yellow logo and shows blue or red if in alarm state, but still no probe values. I currently have the firmware back to 2.03, the expansion box is assigned, and the screenshots were taken below. My other PAB devices, including another expansion box are operating normal.system.jpgsensor overview.pngconfiguration.jpgpH.jpgtemp 2.jpg

Any other thoughts? I really need to regain functionality of this expansion box as it is connected to monitor all my frag tank parameters.

I am still having a problem with this box. I had to move my other expansion box to my frag tank. I currently have this box only running a level switch on a leak detector. That seems to be working fine. I had to disable the other probes (temp, airtemp, humidity) as they were giving values of zero. Still showing a constant yellow logo.

Please email us for further support:

Support@ghl-kl.de (Outside North America)
    Support@ghlusa.com (Within North America)

the downgrade of the firmware was neither necessary nor useful, it only "cured" the symptoms, but no the cause

older firmware versions supports less color codes, so this is the reason why the yellow logo disappeared

-> good that you brought it back to the current firmware version again

color codes are described here:
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/wha...-the-ghl-logo/

yellow means that the system has been reset and needs to be reactivated

when connecting with GCC there you should be asked if you want to reactivate - confirm with yes
    or you can reactivate on the ProfiLux itself

if reactivation is not possible then we must consider a hardware failure, maybe caused by the power outage -> then we have to examine this device

-> means:
    1. try to reactivate
    2. if not possible: contact the 2nd level support by email and let us go from there
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I have an understanding problem:

you hace 3 sets of probe inputs (P3 + 2 x EXB), why do we only see 2 probes of each kind in the screenshots?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Sorry, something came up and I had to put this on the back burner. I contacted the US 2nd level support but did not get any reply 6 weeks ago. I have sent another email today. As for only having 2 sets of probe inputs, I disabled the probes on the other expansion box because I am currently only using it for the level inputs. Enabling those does not make any difference. The other expansion box and the profilux itself are working fine. At this point, I have switched the expansion boxes. The level inputs do work on the one that is solid yellow. I have the other one that is working correctly, running the probes.

I do not see anywhere where I can reactivate on GCC or the Profilux.