Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Settings For Simulations

The P4 transmits the simulation functions to each LX7 via the PWC card. The light addressing only has to do with the LX7.

In the case of the LB2, this is done through the Mitras Lightbar cable that connects to the RJ45 port. When a simulation is enabled, the data is transmitted to the LB2 through the LB2-cable.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    The P4 transmits the simulation functions to each LX7 via the PWC card. The light addressing only has to do with the LX7.

In the case of the LB2, this is done through the Mitras Lightbar cable that connects to the RJ45 port. When a simulation is enabled, the data is transmitted to the LB2 through the LB2-cable.
    I get that but I guess I'm asking if the P4 cordinates the actions of the LX7 and LB2s individually? So I would like to know how if an address/position isn't defined for the LB2s. For instance, during the cloud simulations when the LX7s are dimmed and relit sequentially what would be the action of the LB2s? How does the P4 know how and when to dim and relight the units?

Any Illumination channel that has the simulation box checked will react in-sync with other illumination channels that have the same box checked. This is regardless of what LED you have assigned to it. If your LX7s are using a simulation mode and you set the LB2 to also react with the same simulation, when the event happens, both LX7s and LB2 will react together. You can set a delay between each LX7 fixture, but not on a LB2 as this feature was made for LX7s.

In terms of how the LB2 will react during a simulation like cloud cover, the LB2 will be dimmed immediately. A delay for the LB2 cannot be set like on the LX7. When the cloud cover simulation occurs, the LB2 LEDs will begin dimming randomly to create the cloud simulation. This will be throughout the length of the LB2.

Hopefully I understood your question this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Any Illumination channel that has the simulation box checked will react in-sync with other illumination channels that have the same box checked. This is regardless of what LED you have assigned to it. If your LX7s are using a simulation mode and you set the LB2 to also react with the same simulation, when the event happens, both LX7s and LB2 will react together. You can set a delay between each LX7 fixture, but not on a LB2 as this feature was made for LX7s.

In terms of how the LB2 will react during a simulation like cloud cover, the LB2 will be dimmed immediately. A delay for the LB2 cannot be set like on the LX7. When the cloud cover simulation occurs, the LB2 LEDs will begin dimming randomly to create the cloud simulation. This will be throughout the length of the LB2.

Hopefully I understood your question this time.
    Great, this is the information I was after as I didn't want to purchase the LB2s then find out there are problems with compatibility, thanks for your help and attention!