Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Settings For Simulations

Default Settings For Simulations

Hi all, I have recently set up a couple LX7s over my tank and have been experimenting with the various simulations and their many settings. I am trying to have ALL the events occur as naturally as possible and still maintain enough "bright time" for the corals. Thus far I have not been able to get sunrise / sunset going the whole tank just gradually brightens or dims according to the illumination runs, my passing clouds are too frequent and I don't (think ) I get lighting with the rainy days....my random thunder storms are also too infrequent. The programming manual provides a discription of the various settings but not " typical" values used to obtain specific results, did anyone out ther suceede at setting this up well and are willing to share? also can the guys at GHL provide a bit more guidance to get the various simulations happening in a specific ways? or is this done strictly by trial and error?

D.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumaurier7 View Post
    I am trying to have ALL the events occur as naturally as possible and still maintain enough "bright time" for the corals.
    This is the idea - same here
    I'm a huge fan of varying the lighting, to not be static.

Thus far I have not been able to get sunrise / sunset going the whole tank just gradually brightens or dims according to the illumination runs
    Define Sunrise/Sunset? What is it that you're expecting, vs what you're getting now?

my passing clouds are too frequent and I don't (think ) I get lighting with the rainy days
    lighting, or lightening?
    Rainy days are dimmed by the % you specify, it's just a dimmed day, it's not a thunderstorm, no lightening.

my random thunder storms are also too infrequent.
    This should be simple.
    Illumination -> Thunderstorm -> Random thunderstorm:
    Waiting time min. XX / max. XX HOURS
    This specifies how much time minimum and maximum time between the thunderstorms. I have mine set for Min: 48 Max 120
    Details: it will wait a minimum of 48 hours, and up to 120 hours, after completion of the past thunderstorm, before starting a new one. Sometime between 48-120 hours.

The programming manual provides a discription of the various settings but not " typical" values used to obtain specific results, did anyone out ther suceede at setting this up well and are willing to share? also can the guys at GHL provide a bit more guidance to get the various simulations happening in a specific ways? or is this done strictly by trial and error?

D.
    As we have a wide variety of customer applications, in addition to Reef Tanks, we have freshwater tanks, tropical and planted tanks, etc - there really is nothing short of an encyclopedia sized book required to go over all of the possible combinations.
    I'd be happy to share what I use, and I'm sure others would share as well. may get more traction on R2R or the FB group though.

My personal opinion? It's mostly trial and error, what works for some, others will strongly dislike.
    For instance I don't do the thunderstorms anymore, however I do use cloudy days, seasonal lighting, and moon phase.
    marco

RS Reefer 450; /////GHL P3 * 2x PB5.1 * PLM-PWC * -> * 2x Mitras LX 7206, Doser 2 SA Royal Exclusiv RD3 80w(10v) * Bubble King Double Cone 180 w/ RD3
    GHL Owners Facebook Group: GHL Owners / ProfiLux / Mitras / etc

Quote Originally Posted by ReefClownMIA View Post
    Define Sunrise/Sunset? What is it that you're expecting, vs what you're getting now?

Hi Marco! For sun rise and set I am thinking that I can set the lights to increase or decrease intensity and brightness from one side to the other (along the tanks length) mimicking the movement of the sun from east to west instead of having the entire tank change all at once.

This should be simple.
    Illumination -> Thunderstorm -> Random thunderstorm:
    Waiting time min. XX / max. XX HOURS
    This specifies how much time minimum and maximum time between the thunderstorms. I have mine set for Min: 48 Max 120
    Details: it will wait a minimum of 48 hours, and up to 120 hours, after completion of the past thunderstorm, before starting a new one. Sometime between 48-120 hours.

I'll give your settings a try !

As we have a wide variety of customer applications, in addition to Reef Tanks, we have freshwater tanks, tropical and planted tanks, etc - there really is nothing short of an encyclopedia sized book required to go over all of the possible combinations.
    I'd be happy to share what I use, and I'm sure others would share as well. may get more traction on R2R or the FB group though.
    Yep, I expected as much but I'm thinking that it would be great if we had a place where people can go to to share and try new simulation configurations like the Light Composer projects, as I am soo impressed by the lights I feel they are capable of producing amazing,natural and lifelike aquarium environments and the only way to unlock their true potential is through a group effort.

My personal opinion? It's mostly trial and error, what works for some, others will strongly dislike.
    For instance I don't do the thunderstorms anymore, however I do use cloudy days, seasonal lighting, and moon phase.
    I dont mind the trial and error but sometimes I just dont have the time.

Question!? I will soon be running a pair of light bars together with my Mitras, .....what do the LB2s do during a simulation, can they be integrated? Reason is I have not seen anywhere where an address for the LB is required .

Anyone?

If i get you right you want to have the Mitras LX7 as Master of your LB2s? It's not possible.
    The Lightbar can be operated undimmed (all LEDs at 100%) and dimmed (with the aquarium computer ProfiLux from version 3).
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    If i get you right you want to have the Mitras LX7 as Master of your LB2s? It's not possible.
    The Lightbar can be operated undimmed (all LEDs at 100%) and dimmed (with the aquarium computer ProfiLux from version 3).
    No, all my Mitras are slaves to the PWC card installed in my P4 so I'm wondering how the wired RJ45 connection for the LB2s would work along with this .

Once you have the Mitras cable connected to the P4, you would go to the MITRAS LIGHTBAR option to the left and set the communication interface by clicking on the blue button and checking the MITRAS LIGHTBAR PRESENT option. In this same window, you can set which illumination channel you want to assign to each channel on the LB2.

Once that is done, you will go to each illumination channel and check the desired simulation boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Once you have the Mitras cable connected to the P4, you would go to the MITRAS LIGHTBAR option to the left and set the communication interface by clicking on the blue button and checking the MITRAS LIGHTBAR PRESENT option. In this same window, you can set which illumination channel you want to assign to each channel on the LB2.

Once that is done, you will go to each illumination channel and check the desired simulation boxes.
    Hi Vinny, the above is understood but it does not state anything about addressing the lights. Remember the pWC and each MITRAS light is assigned an address for use when coordinating simulations? I'm as king how the LBs intigrate and participate without being also assigned.