Thread: Mitras reccomendation

Default Mitras reccomendation

I am totally new to Mitras, and for disclosure im running 3x Ecotech Radeons G4 XR30 Pro now, but concidering switching as im having an P4.

So...
    1 Why should I switch my G4 to Mitras - is it any real numbers in it (better performance)
    2. Does the fans make ANY noise? Im allergic to noise
    3. I have a mixed reef with focus on LPS (zoas etc), and maybe some easy SPS. The tank is 160cm long, 75cm deep and 60cm high. Can I get a reccomendation to how many and what to buy for getting a complete mitras with the most hidden holders as possible (rimless tank so not possible to hide, but want it "clean")

Hi there,

There are several added benefits to owning LX7 fixures with a P4, one being, seamless communication between these devices and a single connection point. With our PLM-PWC expansion card, you will be able to connect to your P4 and control your LX7s off of that connection rather than connecting to the LX7 directly.

The LX7 does not require you to purchase an additional accessory to enable cloud access. Simply connect the fixture to your WiFi network and add the device to your myGHL cloud account. You will notice better light coverage, color blending, spectrum control, and easier access via the side display, GCC, myGHL, and upcoming app. If you need to make adjustments to your schedule, you can do so from the fixture itself.

When it comes to taking photos under LEDs, it can be tricky. Our fixtures include 4 maintenance modes that allow you to pre-set any color combination to make it easier to take photos of your tank. We will also be introducing Photo Mode which changes the LED behavior and eliminates the bars that are commonly picked up by camera when taking photos or videos.

With Power Balancing Technology, you will have the option to transfer unused power from one LED channel to any channel you wish. The list of added benefits go on and on.

Fans are extremely silent. You'll only hear them if your ear is 2 inches away from it.

With a 75cm deep tank, 3 fixtures placed perpendicular to the tank would be the best option for providing the best coverage and even-light distribution. We offer two ways to mount the LX7, hanging kit or Flex Mount System. The Flex Mount 1 System will conceal your wires and give you the clean look you're after.

Lets see on monday / tuesday what I decide

The Flex Mount System, how does that get attached to the tank / stand? I have euro bracing, so hard to put things over the glass itself. How much space does it need on the back of the tank?

The Flex Mount requires two holes at the back of the stand. That is where the two adjustment knobs are positioned. These knobs will allow you to raise and lower the light mount.

You should have at least 4 inches of working room to install the flex mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    The Flex Mount requires two holes at the back of the stand. That is where the two adjustment knobs are positioned. These knobs will allow you to raise and lower the light mount.

You should have at least 4 inches of working room to install the flex mount.
    Hmm i have 3.5 inches from the tank glass to the wall, but open back on the stand under . Maybe I can't fit the holders then.

Do I have to drill in the stand?

You would need to have a mounting point for the light mount. If the back of the stand is open, you will need a piece to run the length of the stand. This piece would then be drilled.

Will the PLM-PWC work with the P4 expansion box? I have my main P4 in the cellar so not sure if the signal will reach the main tank, but I will have a P4 exp connected to the P4.