Thread: Profilux expansion box compatible with Profilux 4?

Default Profilux expansion box compatible with Profilux 4?

As the topic say, does the expansion box work with Profilux 4 or does it come an own box the the P4?

Im having my main Profilux in the basement sump room, but would like to add an expansion to my display (to control breeze, fans etc).

Hi,

Yes, the expansion box 2 is compatible with the P4. It was designed to expand upon the existing slots found in your P4.

The expansion box is its own box that includes probe ports, level ports, and additional expansion card slots. It is especially useful for those looking to monitor and control another tank in a separate room or location.

If you're looking to control only breeze fans, and switching components on/off, you may be able to forego the EXB2. Simply pick up a VSL extension cable and connect it to the P4 L-port and Propellerbreeze control accessory.

Let me know exactly what you'd like to keep beside your display and I will make a recommendation for you.

My setup today is a p4 in a remote sump with dosers, floats and flow meters plus custom solenoid valves using the 0-10v ports.

I was thinking to pull one cable to my display where I will run one float to monitor full display, two tunze stream, breeze fans, leak sensor, and maybe lights in the future (if you ever are going to support Radeon) plus one power bar. How to achieve this most easily?

Quote Originally Posted by alekslyse View Post
    My setup today is a p4 in a remote sump with dosers, floats and flow meters plus custom solenoid valves using the 0-10v ports.

I was thinking to pull one cable to my display where I will run one float to monitor full display, two tunze stream, breeze fans, leak sensor, and maybe lights in the future (if you ever are going to support Radeon) plus one power bar. How to achieve this most easily?
    The simplest way would be by running a PAB cable from the P4 in the basement, to your display upstairs. There you would place an expansion box.
    The Expansion box will allow connection of 2x level sensors (optical/float), 4x o-10v output to control both the Tunze Turbelle/Stream and the PropellerBreeze fans, additional PAB output for Leak Sensor interface, and expansion slots for a PWC card to wireless control the Mitras LX7's.

Here is an image of the port options that come standard with the Expansion box.

All of this would be connected with a single cable from P4 to Expansion Box.
    marco

RS Reefer 450; /////GHL P3 * 2x PB5.1 * PLM-PWC * -> * 2x Mitras LX 7206, Doser 2 SA Royal Exclusiv RD3 80w(10v) * Bubble King Double Cone 180 w/ RD3
    GHL Owners Facebook Group: GHL Owners / ProfiLux / Mitras / etc

Great Is it any methods of wireless communication between the P4 and the P4 Expansions so I dont have to run a cable?

The PAB cables are from what I can see regular Cat5 ethernet cables (at least its stamped CAT5 on them...)