Thread: Flow sensors wich to choose ?

Default Flow sensors wich to choose ?

I have a jebao dc6000 return pump, it connected via 32mm pvc and the hight is aproximatly 100cm.
    I think its rated at 6000 l/h, but reality is probably lower, it has 3 90° elbows on the way.

which ghl flow sensor fits best for me here ?

I also have a jebao dc3000 pump that feed reactors and my frag aquarium.
    It has 32mm pvc on the output
    which ghl flow sensor fits best for me here ?
    Last edited by Vega77; 11.05.2017 at 12:35.

The Flow Sensor 9000 would be best in this scenario.

Depending on where you're intending to place the sensor, the 5000 model may be too small if it'll be placed close to the pump's outlet.

Flow Sensor 5000 would be good for the frag tank.

I think its rated at 6000 l/h, but reality is probably lower, it has 3 90° elbows on the way.
    A look at the pump courve shows that you never will get more than 4400l/h at 1m of height difference.
    Depending on the friction loss it will be lower in real-life. I would expect ~2500-3000l/h if I where you.
    For the DC3000 it´s 1900l/h as max at 1 m height, I would expect around 1000l/h

So for the DC6000 the model 5000 would also fit, for the DC3000 the model 2000 is big enough at your setting.
    However, you don´t loss much of accuracity with the bigger models and if you want to upgrade your pump in future, the selecton of Vinnie is absolute o.k.

Reason for telling you this is simple: There was a discussion here some month ago about propably wrong measurement of the flow sensors. I want to prevent you to running into the same trap: If a pump is declared as 6000l/h pump, this is the flow with no height and no friction loss. In real life the flow is much lower, it could be the the half, maybe less. So if your flow seems too low, check the settings. If they are o.k., the flow is that low.

I knew abouth the pump curves, but thanks for pointing it out Gunther.
    And thanks for reading out the pump curves which i didnt have at hand.

Anyone have the inner diameter og the flow sensors ?
    Is there å ny movable parts inside them ?

Anyone have the inner diameter og the flow sensors ?
    Inner diameter
    Flow Sensor, 2000 l/h 11.5 mm
    Flow Sensor, 2000 l/h 20.0 mm
    Flow Sensor, 2000 l/h 26.0 mm

Due techical reasons the pipe before the sensor shold not be smaller for 10x diameter (reduce directly before sensor is o.k. in general, but no elbow directly before the inlet)

Is there å ny movable parts inside them ?
    No, but there is a thin paddle in the middle where the cable is connected (no moving parts, no propeller, it´s like a ship´s keel)