Thread: Mitras light bar controlled by plc

Default Mitras light bar controlled by plc

Hi,

Is there a possibility to control the mitras light bar with a plc ? I have al my systems controlled by the plc with i/o and analog signals. And i would like to do so for the light bars.

Do anybody have Some information about the mitras led bar ? Schematics, drivers, protocols , ....

Thanks

Is there a possibility to control the mitras light bar with a plc ?
    No, you need a PL3 or PL4 for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    No, you need a PL3 or PL4 for that.
    Ok, but i presume that the pl3 or pl4 is not more advanced than PLC controller. I control my current led lightbars with my plc, just switching on/off and i use pwm signaal for dimming.

So maybe someone has more information about the connection of the lightbar i only see 3 wires, prb. GND, 24V, and pwm. But how do the lightbalk manage to control all 5 - 7 channels individualy ?

Ok, but i presume that the pl3 or pl4 is not more advanced than PLC controller. I control my current led lightbars with my plc, just switching on/off and i use pwm signaal for dimming.
    The PL3/4 controls the lightbar via serial connection, it´s completely different to a PWM control (2 wires power + 2 wires serial for 5/6/8 channels against 2 wires power + 1 wire per channel + common ground)

So maybe someone has more information about the connection of the lightbar i only see 3 wires, prb. GND, 24V, and pwm.
    But how do the lightbalk manage to control all 5 - 7 channels individualy
    It is due control is not PWM but a digital command transmission line. And no, there is no description or protocol available.