Thread: operating temperature of the Mitras LX 7

Default operating temperature of the Mitras LX 7

Hi there:
    I just set up my Mitras over my 90 gallon tank. I have the lights running in the high efficiency mode at 70%, with fans set to run at 100%. All three lights run VERY hot. I cannot touch them! The display shows the lights all over 60 Celsius, and I measured the outside temperature of the lights with an IR thermometer at 150 F. I got scared, and turned the lights off. Is this normal? What are the maximal temperature parameters? The settings show a max of 60 Celsius, but it this right? Any help would be appreciated!
    Regards,
    Carsten

The maximum operating temp. of all Mitras LX is approx. 65°C. This is perfectly normal.

The metal body of the Mitras is also a HEATSINK. We have ACTIVE and PASSIVE COOLING.

A warm heatskink shows you that the COOLING SYSTEM is actually working.

We should be worried if the enclosure ( = heatsink!) was not warm - then the LEDs would NOT get rid of their INTERNAL HEAT of over 85°C !

-> so if you see a light which has that much power on that small room and is NOT warm than you should be scared because the LEDs will overheat internally, their heat is just not transported!

AND: if you don't like the warm surface (which is not a problem at all, the standards allow even higher temperatures) then set the max. allowed temp. to 55°C
    the Mitras will then control down the light output when this is exceeded
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thank you very much for this explanation!

Old post, but i just installed my new lx7’s.
    Also have mine running very hot, so the fans run at 100%. But why are the fans so loud? (Not actually LOUD, but i Can clearly hear Them)
    My old lx6 was dead silent. But now i constantly hear the fans spinning ????

I wasnt plantning to add a new dominating Sound to my setup :/

Everything higher than 50% fan speed is louder than everything els of my equipment.
    Now testing the temperature Peak with fans running max 50% :O hope they stay under the max alowed 65C.