Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cannot connect PowerBar 5.1

Default Cannot connect PowerBar 5.1

I cannot figure out how to connect 3 Power Bar 5.1's to my P4. The green LED just flashed on them and they are connected via the PAB cables. How do I add them?

First, make sure at least 1 PB5.1 is connected to your P4. All others can be daisy chained off of the first PB5.1 or connected directly to the P4.

Once you've done that, do the following:

- Connect to your ProfiLux 4 using GHL Control Center
    - Navigate to the System settings page and click on Assign devices
    - Check the boxes for all 3 powerbars that pop up, click OK, confirm device assignment by clicking YES.
    - Reconnect to your ProfiLux 4, go back to the System settings page and see that there will now be a PAB device option listed. Click the plus icon to the left of it and you will see your 3 PB5.1 devices listed.
    Assign PAB devices.JPG

Next, assign socket numbering:
    - Select the 2nd PB5.1, and click on CONFIGURATION, set the socket for this powerbar to begin at 6.
    - Click OK
    - Select the 3rd PB5.1, click on CONFIGURATION, set the socket for this powerbar to begin at 11.

I'm an idiot. I didn't have the PAB cable connected to the Power Bar. I have them all assigned now.

All of a sudden their disconnected from the P4 and I'm getting PAB errors. I can cycle power to the Power Bar and they come back on for a minute, then lose connection again. I've tried resetting the Power Bars and P4 a couple times but they won't stay connected long enough to connect to them. Any ideas?

I did the Profilux recovery and reset power to the Power Bars and now they are back on line. Weird.

They disconnect after assigning the 5th socket to my MH ballast. Is it something I'm doing out of order?

They disconnect after assigning the 5th socket to my MH ballast
    Maybe your ballast produces too heavy electronic noise. Try another, unswitched socket away from the Powerbar for test purposes.
    If you test the powerbar, you also should keep as much distance as possible between PAB wire and the ballast line.

The Ballast isn't connected to the bulb, so shouldn't be pulling any current. I moved the PAB cable to another Power Bar first and will try again. After they disconnect I have to rest power to them all or the P4 won't recognize them for assignment.
    Last edited by jporter; 12.04.2017 at 20:19.

The Ballast isn't connected to the bulb, so shouldn't be pulling any current.
    Maybe yes, maybe no. MH bulbs need a start voltage of some thousand volts. Depending on the system of your ballast (hot start system with ~70kV and MHz frequency) the noise is bigger without bulb than it is in normal mode.

I have them all connected again and the sockets set to always off. When you assign the Power Bar, what does the initial states boxes mean?
    The cord closest to the PAB is actually a T5 cord and not a MH one. All power cables and PAB cords will be close to each other during normal day to day operation.
    Thanks for your help! JP