Thread: New PH Probe with bad measures

Default New PH Probe with bad measures

Hi!

i´ve a profilux 3ex, and one of my Ph probes failed calibration...them i bought another one.....I´ve calibrate it 3 times...and the readings are 10.50 or ***

This probe is conected to a expansion card, and is in the calcium reactor!

What can i do to solve this problem???

Best regards

*** indicates a problem with the probe, usually a short circuit or an open wire

if this happens the error is either a broken cable or a damage in the BNC plug

can you see something suspicious?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hi!

Well I left the probes in the same place, but i change the bnc conection...the one that has conected to the profilux I changed to the expansion card, and the one that was conected to the expansion card, i changed to the profilux......and the result, was...the old probe that is conected to te expansion card is messuring ***, the other one, that is new, is messurig the ph of the aqurium, 8, was that was messuring, right now!!!!

I can say with almost sure that the problem is not from the new probe!!!

to doublecheck I would test the probe in both calibration fluids - just to be sure that the P3 shows reasonable values and the probe is really OK

if this is the case then we must consider a broken pH-port
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.