Thread: 5 different computers no connection

Default 5 different computers no connection

I have tried and tried to get the mitras to link with 5 different computers. I have the firmware GHL sent me and still no connection. HP Leveno, Mac with Parallels.
    I can hook up several other devices to these computers with out issue! Has anyone had an issue with the cable?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

please some more details

check you GCC connection settings

screenshots, please

what has the firmware to do with connecting?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Pfeil

Ok I have tried to get 5 different computers to recognize the Mitras none will. I checked other devices and no issues. I had not attempted to connect since I purchased the unit as my local dealer loaded the program he is using. The firmware is the original 1.14 I believe and a support person sent me the older version so I could set up to the current version.

It still comes back to connection. the cable says usb 2.0 fully rated 80 degree cel 30v. Its 8 feet long. Is this the proper cable? I have powered down and up the system still nothing!

IMG_0539.pdf

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

You need to check what port your USB cable is connected too. An make sure you set that com port in your connection settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No computer will see the USB plugged in as anything. Does that seem to be the right cable listed? Is there a way to reboot the GHL other than power off and on?

No computer will see the USB plugged in as anything.
    In this case you should try another cable. However, you post a PDF with COM1 as the one you use. This is uncommon due a lot of PCs use this COM for internal RS232 sockets.
    So it´s highly recommended to plug in the USB cable, see if a driver is installed and have a look into device manager which com port is used. Then you have to set this com port for GCC connection.

You need not to restart the Mitras frequently. Makes no sense and doesn't help.

I doubt that it is the cable. As already has been written above you have to check the COM port.

Please do this:

unplug USB cable
    open the device manager
    plug in the USB cable now
    Watch what happens in the device manager. There must happen something.
    You should see now see a new serial device.
    Usually this has a COM port number. This number is needed in the GCC connection setings.

BTW. There is a simpler way to make a screenshot. Just use the Windows built-in snipping tool. Or press CTRL + PRINT. Or use a screenshot tool.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I did that with three different computers and no activity in device manager.

What next?

What next?
    As said: Try another cable.

click on device manager.jpg
    click on device manager in connections.
    Then Click on ports(com&lpt)
    Click on Ports(com&LPT).jpg
    On my computer the usb is using com port 3 for my GCC software.
    So you want to make sure that you are using the com port that your computer is telling you to use.
    Also have you installed the Rs232 to USB driver?
    http://downloads.aquariumcomputer.co...php?fileID=175

This needs to be installed for the communications.