Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wifi

Test router?
    I confirm that my router is no problem as various device hwve been connected with this router. All, except P4, connect with router very well.(In fact, my Doser 2 SA also connects with this router and no problems)

I can confirm what palmlover said . My DOSER 2 and Mitras LX7 are working flawlessly with the router that I have as well as other devices. Only P4 is experiencing issues with the signal strength. It is always showing poor WiFi connection. For now I see only one solution for me and it is to use cable
    Last edited by m1tkodikov; 21.03.2017 at 19:22.

Can this issue be related to the plm-pwc card?

Just bumped in to this thread..

Maybe i can contribute with some inputs...

I have a P3 ex with plm pwc card to control my 5 Mitras lamps, and the wi-fi signal in front, and about 3 meters in diameter around, is supressed by something, and i have suspected the wi-fi signal from Mitras/plm pvc card. I have tried to adjust the channels tha lamps/plm communicates, but no difference. No channel interference either.

So when gaining acces to Profilux via wi-fi, i have to go to the next room, or attach a cable, no so funny, when adjusting light schemes.

I work with network and wi-fi on a daily basis, and have a commercial Wifi installation at home, with several access points controlled from a central point, so there shouldnt be any problems here...

If a cable (land card) can solve the problem, I will be happy. Yet, as my understanding, lan card cannot be used for P4.

Hello,

the PLM-PWC extension card does not make problems in our test devices.

Can you look at the wifi channel, your routers are set to and try channel 1,
    if another is selected and tell us?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hallo martinc,

send us a screenshot from GHL Control Center->System->Communication window
    to support@ghl-kl.de
    with the wifi module parameters and version numbers of ProfiLux 4 and wifi module.

We will have a look at it.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

We are using a ProfiLux 4 next to our local fish tank which has a distance about 20 meters and
    a wall between to the WiFi-Accesspoint (Netgear DG834).

The signal strength is at -64 dBm, which is rather weak (just one bar), but working flawlessly with
    GHL Control Center connected over WiFi and myGHL without any interruptions.

A further ProfiLux 4 for comparison is also installed and delivers the same results.

So we can't confirm a general WiFi problem, in the very most cases the WiFi connection
    is very solid.
    The cases, where the customers experience trouble with their WiFi connection must be
    solved individually. Please contact the GHL support directly for this purpose.

These are pictures of our test setup:

PL4_fishtank_1024.jpg

PL4_signal_strength_myGHL_edited.PNG

PL4_signal_strength_myGHL_Dashboard.PNG
    Attached Images Attached Images