Thread: Can a Tunze wavebox damage the socket on a profilux ?

Default Can a Tunze wavebox damage the socket on a profilux ?

Hallo. I have just received my Profilux 4 and it works very well :-) I have just successfully added 2 x Tunze 6055 that run on group 1 and a Tunze nano wavebox that run on group 2. The wavebox are programmed to sequence 1 and Right angled waves with minimum and max wave duration of 0,9 s. The pump power are set at minimum at 0 % and maximum at 100 %.

Can this damaged the socket of the profilux ?? In the programming manual on page 37 it says :

"If a switching socket is to control the corresponding flow pump, the time period must not be too small - otherwise too frequent switching can lead to damage to the socket or the pump!"

Or is this a problem if the profilux are switching with 2 different pump groups too frequent ??

Best regards
    Kasper Jensen

Yes, this will not work very long. Although the relays can switch many thousand times, with a cycle of about 1s you will reach their limit after some time.

Connect the Tunze via 1-10V
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hi. The wavebox are connected to 1-10V via the yellow RJ12 socket / L3. I could install the wavebox controller between the profilux and the wavebox. Is this nessary when I am using the RJ12 socket ? I have turnet off the wavebox for now.

why do you switch the Wavebox with a socket anyway when you control it already via 1-10V?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

The profilux is new to me. I am using the RJ12-socket. Is that the same as 1-10V ?

Since you are controlling the Tunze Wavebox from the L3 1-10V interface, you do not need to have the wavebox connected to any powerbar outlet. All functions would be controlled by the 1-10V channel.

Okay. So I just misunderstod the manual/ the technical words :-)

The wavebox are not connected to the powerbar, only the 1-10V interface. I just what to be sure that the 1-10V interface did not get damaged by switching on/off so many thousand times by the wavebox.

That's not going to be a problem.