Thread: Error trying to update Firmware in GCC Profilux 4

Default Error trying to update Firmware in GCC Profilux 4

I'm currently on 7.02 , trying to update to 7.03.

The Profilux 4 is connected via USB to GCC.

I get an error stating "Error: Update can't be started!" Reset the device by disconnecting it from power for a few seconds!"

I've tried around 3 times.

The update I'm selecting is the Profilux4_V703_rom.mhx that was included in the new GCC version.

If you've asked if I've done something, please explain how to do that thing.

Thank you.

Edit:

Right after posting this, I tried one more time. This time, it gave me the "step 2" option to select the com port from device manager. The other attempts never gave me this "step 2" option, it just skipped to step 3. I was able to successfully install the firmware update after having the step 2 option.

Screenshot (6).jpgScreenshot (5).jpgScreenshot (4).png
    Last edited by dawsokj1988; 25.02.2017 at 02:43.

Hi, I have another problem updating, I get on step 4, but mi computer couldn´t recognize the vcom port, it always show a yellow triangle, I have tried to update with the last controller driver from prolific (V1.16), try to uninstall all the controllers and intall it again one by one, but in all the cases I have the yellow triangle, prolific advise about a non original cable or chip, but everything is the original one received from profilux.

error controlador usbvcom.jpg

I´ll try on monday with another computer to check if the problem is my vaio computer.
    Last edited by thatanos; 25.02.2017 at 17:00.

Hi there,

It sounds like you need to manually install the USBVCOM driver. Take a look at this video for doing that :
    https://youtu.be/h_C5X3X-Ce0
    Last edited by Vinny; 27.02.2017 at 16:19.

Hi,

video link does not work

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk

Hi vinny I have done it also but hadn't work neither

Hello thatanos,

please try installing the USBVCOM with the driver package following this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ky3r7ejv9o...aller.zip?dl=0

If this works, we will update the drivers included with GHL Control Center in the future updates.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

thank you MatthiasF now it works