Thread: Profilux Touch Firmware Update Failing

Default Profilux Touch Firmware Update Failing

It checks the firmware update, starts erasing flash and then errors out.

The touch module is connected directly to the PAB port on the P4.
    Nothing else is connected to the P4, not even probes.
    No other PAB connected.
    I'm connected to the P4 via USB.
    I tried the emergency update where you unplug the power and plug back in and that didn't make any difference.
    The Touch continues to run on the old firmware.
    I had this same problem with the P3 when I tried to update the Touch a few months ago.
    -dennis

Have you tried updating the Profilux 4 Firmware yet ? I ask because I am having a lot of trouble connecting to the P4 using GCCv 1.0.9.4. I finally managed to make a connection yesterday evening and thought I would attempt to update the firmware from v7.02 to 7.03 hoping this would fix the connection issue. It started the firmware update, said it's loading a special USB driver then fails. I'm tired of it now and am back on GCC v1.0.9.2 until v1.0.9.4 is out of Beta.

I've sorted my problem by using the comm port driver from this thread: http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/sh...schl%E4gt-fehl

Any ideas?
    Still can't get the firmware to update, and ever since I upgraded to the P4, the touch screen rotates to a second screen which is blank.
    -dennis

Hello Dennis,

ProfiLux 4 cannot update the PAB device with the current firmware.
    Please wait for the next firmware release.

Alternatively you can update the Touch Display with a ProfiLux 3, of course.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Ah, ok that might explain it then.

Meanwhile, any idea why it would be rotating screens when nothing is on the second screen?
    Seems like it's tied into the Profilux screen, but it make sense on the Profilux since it can't display everything on one screen.
    The Touch wasn't doing this before the switch from P3 to P4 so I'm wondering if I did something while programming the P4 that caused this.
    -dennis